YVR Airport luggage & travel time

We will be dropped by taxi at YVR after a 2 day stay after our cruise. We will have 4 pieces of luggage to check and a carry on each, are there luggage carts outside or will we have to get a porter/skycap?

Can anyone tell me how long it will take to get to the airport by taxi from the Blue Horizon Hotel?

We will be dropped by taxi at YVR after a 2 day stay after our cruise. We will have 4 pieces of luggage to check and a carry on each, are there luggage carts outside or will we have to get a porter/skycap?

Can anyone tell me how long it will take to get to the airport by taxi from the Blue Horizon Hotel?

It should take from 30 to 60 minutes depending on the traffic and time or date.

There are luggage carts outside the terminal. If are flying to the US from YVR allow about 2 to 4 hrs to check in , go thru security and US Customs.

I'd add that while the time ranges given above certainly happen, the norm is very much at the shorter end of the ranges given.

Unless your flight is at a peak time (check the arrivals/departures boards for how many others are close to your slot, especially US-bound departures if that's where you're going) you will probably be through all of the security in an hour or less. Even with rush hour traffic I've never personally experienced more than 40 minutes by cab to or from YVR; usually just a hair over 30.

Of course it's always wise to pad your schedule just in case - and YVR is among the more pleasant airports to kill a couple of hours in. Sometimes hordes of cruisers clog the system, inconsiderate so-and-sos that they are! ;-)

If you have a Global pass (what we call Nexus), you will get through immigration very quickly. They have installed some new kiosks for US citizens to speed up the process at the airport but I am not sure how they are working. They were supposed to cut down on the time spent going through immigration for US and Canadian citizens. Security is different. Depends on how many people are in front of you and how much junk they have in their pockets. and who is working the machines.:eek: