Port towns: Coxen Hole, Belize City, Cozumel. What to do with kids?

Barca-longa

We have a three & five year old and will be visiting the above cities. Any suggestions on things to do with them?

Also, did you ever leave your kids at the kids club and do your own thing? Or did you always bring them with?

We have a three & five year old and will be visiting the above cities. Any suggestions on things to do with them?

Also, did you ever leave your kids at the kids club and do your own thing? Or did you always bring them with?

My kids loved Playa Mia in Cozumel earlier this year. Great kids water park area and beach playing. Warning if you book on your own (as opposed to a ship excursion). If you book on your own and get transportation, it will be via a taxi. Which does not have car seats. If I had to do it again, I would've paid a bit more through the ship and taken a nice coach bus instead.

Belize City is a bit rough when you go outside of the pier gates. I would recommend doing any excursions through the ship.

The only one we have done with a little is Cozumel. We went to paradise beach and my son (just shy of 3) played in the sand and we took him in the water with his life jacket. They also have a pool but no fancy water park stuff for his age. (They have the big icebergs our in the water and such). He loved playing in the sand, and we love Paradise beach. We were able to get a taxi with seat belts so that we could secure our car seat. We had to pass up one taxi on the way back because it didn't have belts, but the second one did.