Flight from Seattle at end of Alaskan Cruise

frankinaug

How early is too early for a flight from Seattle at the end of our cruise on the Miracle. We will be getting off the boat on a Tuesday and do have FTTF so we can get off asap since I have to work then next morning back in DC.

Carnival recommends flights after 11:45am, which will also protect your insurance claim should your ship be delayed causing you to miss your flight home , incurring in added travel expenses.

When we sailed from Seattle last summer, we were off the ship leisurely around 9:00am with a small wait for a taxi. We would've been at the airport around 9:30am (but we stayed an extra day in Seattle to sightsee).

Seattle security is a nightmare. Give yourself at least an hour to get through that line.

Oh gosh, I forgot about that. YES! The check-in line to drop our bags at Southwest AND the security line were both an absolute nightmare! We arrived at the airport 2 hours and 30 minutes before our flight and we got to the gate as they were calling our boarding group. We probably stood in line 1 hour at the airline counter and another hour at the security line. :mad:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Seattle security is a nightmare. Give yourself at least an hour to get through that line.

Ditto! The Seattle TSA are pleasant enough, but they are Keystone Kops when it comes to managing lines and reacting to events. After an Alaska cruise, I was taking an evening flight from Seattle. I arrived really early, between afternoon and evening "rush hours." The one open line was only about 6 people deep at that point, but wouldn't you know it, an alarm went off. The TSA folks ran around while one of them stared at a computer screen. I never found out what the problem was, but it wasn't a security breach - I think the metal detector wasn't calibrated correctly. The line stopped for at least 30 minutes. Another group of TSA stood around chatting while the line began to grow and grow and grow. Finally, one TSA noticed that the line was getting huge and started to open another metal detector. Geez!

Gota love SeaTac.. if you get TSA precheck you fly thu the line unless like last 2 times the line wasn't staffed and I was in the cattle line. Good luck getting home. have your transportation set before you leave so you can get right to the airport.

if they offer easy off luggage express it will be the best $20pp. they take your luggage and give you your boarding passes so when you get to airport you go right to security. And by the way always use or start the drinking fountains. The kids love it.

if they offer easy off luggage express it will be the best $20pp. they take your luggage and give you your boarding passes so when you get to airport you go right to security.

This what we did and worked great. I had transportation arranged so it went fast..

Just returned from our Alaskan cruise yesterday. Was off the ship by 9:30 am and at the airport by 10:15 o so. We flew through the line and was sitting in our boarding gate by 10:45 with Starbucks in hand. Our flight out was at 12:15 with Delta. Most of the ship was already gone by 9 AM. so I suspect most did the self assist. We took a taxi since there was four of us. A lot less then what Carnival wanted to charge us.

Edited by cooltj

I have to agree with cooltj. We just got off the Miracle a week ago. We were platinum and carried off all of our luggage. Was off the ship at 7:30 am. Literally the first ones off- walked right through customs (well, brief stop). At the airport by 8:20 am via taxi ($50). Was through security and sitting at the gate at 8:45 for our 10:10am flight. Not a problem.

But ship can be late- security can be busy- or traffic on a Tuesday morning. Anything can happen. Best not to book until after 11:30 for a flight.

Edited by HawkIVette

I chuckled when I heard our gate attendant call it "Carnival Tuesday" at the airport yesterday. The line for Southwest (which we flew) was very long and the TSA line I was in had a scanner problem, so our stuff had to be moved to another scanner ( which backed up the TSA line a bit). Due to reading previous posts about Sea-Tac, I booked an afternoon flight back home, but as cooltj stated before, you could have easily been at your gate by 10. If we do the Alaska cruise again, I would consider the luggage express next time.