Boarding times at Southampton.

welshfamily

I thought I would wait a few weeks to post this question to get actual feedback from people who have boarded at Southampton.

Our documents state that boarding will commence at 11.30am and that anyone arriving before hand will be turned away. Boarding will then be on a deck by deck basis except for Captain club members or those with Celebrity transfers.

Does this mean there will be no porters taking Luggage before 11.30am or cruisers will not be allowed into the terminal building before this time or simply you will not be allowed on the ship before your allocated time.

Or

Is this just a suggestion which people can choose to ignore and Celebrity will not bother enforcing?

Please don't misunderstand me, I believe in assisting Celebrity and all the other people boarding that day by obeying the rules but if most are going to turn up early, I may want to wait.

We are in the first group but I would prefer to check in later then be stuck in a big queue to drop off our luggage because there are no porters allocated before 11.30 am or not be allowed in the terminal building.

We have sailed from Southampton twice before, arriving at approx. 11.30am and the queues were dreadful, security and x-Ray wait well over an hour and it was simply manic. The last time in took nearly 2hours to board and we would like to avoid this.

We were on the 7th June Eclipse cruise and arrived at the terminal at about 11.15. Our official time was 12.30. There was not much of a queue and we were through to the departure lounge really quickly. There was a slight delay for some kind of inspection to be carried out, but we boarded the ship at about 12.30 so not bad considering the unavoidable boarding delay. At no time were we told we were too early.

I should think you can leave your luggage there after everyone from the last cruise has disembarked. I know some people got there just before 11 and had no trouble finding porters to take their luggage.