UK cancellation charges clarification please.

Hello we booked Anthem when it first opened for 3 Adults in a Grand Suite. Now 1 Adult can no longer go, the Cruise is booked for the 15th September 2015. What will be the cancellation charges and will we have to pay extra as there is only 2 in the Suite now?

I realise I can get the answers by looking on the site but I want to be sure before I book to cancel which is the best way to go. Do we cancel the 3 and rebook for 2 or just take 1 off the booking?

Help please.

The cancellation charges will be loss of deposit for each person if you all cancel so that's £450. Do not cancel and lose all your previously paid deposit because then if you then rebook for 2 of you, you'll have to pay the rate as of now with new deposits payable of £150 per person.

I would contact RCI and ask for 1 person to be taken off the booking (losing that persons deposit of £150). No doubt RCI wil want to reprice the cabin for 2 people, but at least you haven't lost all the deposit.

Is this Royal Caribbean Anthem of Seas? If so, you are more than one year out from cruise date so you should be able to cancel w/out penalties. Did you book yourself or thru RCCL?

I just checked pricing and it looks like guests 1 & 2 pay the same and the 3rd pays less. If this is the case, then you can just cancel the 3rd guest and guests 1 & 2 would then pay a different/higher price. However, I just did a "booking" for only 2 in a Grand Suite and that total price was less than the price for 3 guests. You need to do the figures and see which way comes out more economical for you. If you booked it yourself then I would contact RCCL and have them advise you what the best options would be. I am sure there is plenty of availability this far out from sail date.

We did a transatlantic a couple of years ago and one of the port stops was Tenerife. We absolutely loved that island, so beautiful and we went in December. We did a taxi tour up Mt. Teide and views were magnificient! We would go back there in a heartbeat!

Good luck. Don't wait to cancel or re-book the cruise. The booking terms may be different for UK so I am not absolutely positive what your options are. Contact the cruise line for final word.

Edited by cruisingmimi

Is this Royal Caribbean Anthem of Seas? If so, you are more than one year out from cruise date so you should be able to cancel w/out penalties. Did you book yourself or thru RCCL?

I just checked pricing and it looks like guests 1 & 2 pay the same and the 3rd pays less. If this is the case, then you can just cancel the 3rd guest and guests 1 & 2 would then pay a different/higher price. However, I just did a "booking" for only 2 in a Grand Suite and that total price was less than the price for 3 guests. You need to do the figures and see which way comes out more economical for you. If you booked it yourself then I would contact RCCL and have them advise you what the best options would be. I am sure there is plenty of availability this far out from sail date.

We did a transatlantic a couple of years ago and one of the port stops was Tenerife. We absolutely loved that island, so beautiful and we went in December. We did a taxi tour up Mt. Teide and views were magnificient! We would go back there in a heartbeat!

Good luck. Don't wait to cancel or re-book the cruise. The booking terms may be different for UK so I am not absolutely positive what your options are. Contact the cruise line for final word.

The OP is based in the UK and if booked via a TA in the UK or RCI in the UK then cancelling results in loss of deposit, that is the penalty.

I've just canceled all our cruises and managed to get all my deposits refunded, but I did have many issues on previous cruises, and boy what a hard slog it was dealing with them in Guatemala is hard work..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've just canceled all our cruises and managed to get all my deposits refunded, but I did have many issues on previous cruises, and boy what a hard slog it was dealing with them in Guatemala is hard work..

Well done, that's not the norm as the first response is normally 'that'll be £150 per person' (if it's for a cruise of more than 5 days).

Pete we've had a 3 really bad cruises and enough is enough, We were offered FFC onboard but refused it cause we did not want to cruise with RCI ever again. It has taken 62 days to get my refunds but I was worth it effort, so to the OP keep trying...

Thank's for all your help, have done a dummy booking and at the worst we may have a few hundred to pay. Let's hope they are in a good mood when I phone

Another question, would it be better phoning Crown and Anchor as I had a rotten time booking this as I did not realise it was no longer based in the U K.

Thank's for all your help, have done a dummy booking and at the worst we may have a few hundred to pay. Let's hope they are in a good mood when I phone

Another question, would it be better phoning Crown and Anchor as I had a rotten time booking this as I did not realise it was no longer based in the U K.

Yes, try C&A first, but there's no guarantee you won't be directed to Guatemala.

Just don't let them railroad you into cancelling the booking totally. Just say you want to remove 1 guest.

Yes, try C&A first, but there's no guarantee you won't be directed to Guatemala.

Just don't let them railroad you into cancelling the booking totally. Just say you want to remove 1 guest.

Good advice as I bet they do try to railroad them from my experience as well.

:-)

Well this is certainly an experience, phoned this morning and as stated told I would lose the deposit. Asked to speak to a supervisor and put on hold, eventually got fed up and gave up.

Tried requesting a call back but keep getting diverted, tried the c&A number and also diverts. Called again also told I would lose the deposit asked to speak to supervisor without being put on hold which she duly did. Supervisor then states that it's only USA THAT GET THERE DEPOSIT BACK. Then asked for him to reprise for just the two of us and he comes up with a price that is more expensive than I can do online if I cancel and re-book.

Getting ready to cancel completely hate all this hassle.

Sandra