VOS 6/17/05 Better late than......

Hi all...I would like to thank everyone for the information shared in these threads before i took my first cruise in June....i felt well prepared and had a fantastic time....so much fun that i've already booked 3 more cruises!! Two solo and another with my mom.

I shared Grand Suite 1568 with my mom; we loved every minute of it! We were traveling with a group of about 16 altogether....Everything on the cruise met or exceeded my expectations!

I didn't prepare a review but i would like to share some of the pics i took on the trip....I would be happy to answer any questions you may have....but please remember everything will be from a first timers perspective..

http://community.webshots.com/user/janemoonmom

Enjoy!

jane

moonie, those were some beautiful shots, but where is Miss NIcolette......LOL:D

In my private collection of course...i left out pics of everyone to protect the innocent! I'll e-mail you the unedited edition of my album...just finally getting around to uploading!! Miss ya!

moonie

jane,

You pictures were wonderful. Makes it hard to wait til friday. I see your mom had a scooter, we are leaving friday and my dad is in a wheelchair. Did you do any of the tours? dad is happy to stay on the ship, but we all were wondering if anything was accessible? Also, what did you do in Freeport? How was the dining room for the scooter? which one were you assigned to? This is the first time dad has the w/c and things are all so different and so many other things to thnk about.

Thanks

cruznurse: wow you must really be excited to be leaving on Friday!!

Yes, mom had a scooter, but no she did not do any tours...so i really don't know if they offer any accessible ones...sorry..

In Freeport, my friends and I took a cab to Lucaya Beach, they dropped us off at the Westin/Sheraton. There was also a shopping village across the street. There were plenty of cabs waiting to take us back. Mom did not come with us, she stayed on the ship with the rest of our party.

We did both get off the ship in Ocho Rios...we walked (scooted!) to island village to shop and then hung out at Margaritaville for a while. I did notice that there were many van type taxis offering tours...i'm sure they would be able to accommodate a wheelchair...

I did see scooters and wheelchairs on the tenders though...they even had sand wheelchairs at Labadee.

We were in the main level dining room, Carmen...it was very easy for her to drive her scooter right to the table...and then she would give her key to Bonny , our waiter, so he could "valet" park her ride...it was cute actually!

There really were not any problems as far as moving around the ship with the scooter, i'm sure everything will be just fine with the wheelchair. We were a little nervous too at first but everything turned out great....

If you have any other questions i'll be more than happy to try to answer them.....most importantly...have a WONDERFUL vacation!

Jane

Jane,

Thanks for the information. The only place my parents haven't been is to Labadee and it's nice to know that they have a few of the sand w/c. My parents love cruising and this will be their first in 4 years and first for him in a wheelchair.

Archived