Hurtigruten similar to Greek island ferry?

bobbisailsolo

I had just about made up my mind to do a northern lights cruise. But then I thought about my experiences taking ferries when going to the Greek islands. These too transport people and cars, both locals and foreigners. Though no one stays on them to "cruise" the islands, they do have long routes stopping and various islands. I really did not care for these, found them boring and people not very friendly. Wondering if anyone one here has taken a Greek ferry and how Hurtigruten differs from it, assuming it does. Is the experience a lot better? Is it more of a cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been on the Greek ferry so difficult to compare, but can you elaborate on what you found boring on board these ferries?

A lot of people use the Hurtigruten line to cruise the Norwegian coast so there are people that will stay on the ship for a long time and you have opportunities to meet people (I have made friends from around the world whom I'm still in touch with). However there is very little entertainment on board, the "show" is provided by the nature outside (landscape, lights...).