Water

purplekim

You will not get sick from drinking the tap water! Coffee, tea and juices are all made with tap water, all the food you will eat will be washed with the tap water and tap water will be used to make the food. :)

If you read on bottled water, most are sourced from the local municipalities' water source, not from a pristine spring somewhere!

I wouldn't drink tap water in China, but on the ship you'll be fine.

You will not get sick from drinking the tap water! Coffee, tea and juices are all made with tap water, all the food you will eat will be washed with the tap water and tap water will be used to make the food. :)

If you read on bottled water, most are sourced from the local municipalities' water source, not from a pristine spring somewhere!

I wouldn't drink tap water in China, but on the ship you'll be fine.

neither do the Chinese. they drink bottled or boiled water.

Thanks also to DonaldSC, its nice to get info from the source!

For the record...

The vast majority of estrogen content in drinking water supplies comes from animal manure, not birth control pills:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/12/101208125813.htm

A recent report on water quality in the UK cited Bisphenol A (in plastics) as an endocrine disruptor, because it mimics estradiol. Didn't mention estrogen from human females as a problem. Also found several drugs including caffeine, ibuprofen, and a metabolite of cocaine. But all of these are found in amounts well below WHO's daily intake guidelines. Even chlorination is not without risks.

http://www.publichealthcommunication.org.uk/edc-ppcp/RiskAssessmentRobjohns2013.pdf

Does it really matter to you whether the estrogen in the water you drink comes from someone else's birth control pills or from animal manure?

You wont get sick from the water.

Potable water is distilled more than filtered.

That being said, a lot of people DO budget for bottled water. Some carry it on, others buy the water package. it's up to you, you budget, and how much effort you want to carry water from there.

(not saying getting sick is impossible, but it's not going to be DUE to the water that the ship gives you to drink)

Water will be OK.What I do at night before I go to bed, I get a glass of Ice , It will melt & you have water.:D

Does it really matter to you whether the estrogen in the water you drink comes from someone else's birth control pills or from animal manure?

Yes, it does. If you want to prevent contamination of water by a particular substance, then you have to determine the source.

Do you suggest taking reusable water bottles and just fill them with tap water? We are big water drinkers at home and are not purchasing a drink package.

Yes, but if you want to fill it in the buffet, use a clean glass to transfer from machine (fountain) to your personal container to avoid contamination of spout. :)

Yes, it does. If you want to prevent contamination of water by a particular substance, then you have to determine the source.

I may or may not be able to "determine the source", but if the water is from a recycling municipal plant, I am able to avoid it altogether.