Oasis - D8 (or really any Ocean View Balcony) on Deck 6

js

Hi.

Has anyone ever stayed on Deck 6 on the Oasis in an Ocean View Balcony?

I usually like to be sandwiched between sleeping cabins but my mom will be with us and she would rather not take too long to get from one place to another and Deck 6 looks like very close to all the action.

Is there lots of noise? If I book on Deck 7, it would be just like booking Deck 13 since she will not want to walk up one flight of steps due to issues with her legs so it would be waiting for the elevator anyway.

If there is too much noise, then I would rather book a higher deck.

Thank you.

I love deck 6. You are right it is close to the action. Most everything is in an easy walking distance.

We had on ocean view balcony on the Oasis - a D8 just aft of the aft elevators. Great location the Boardwalk is just around the corner, as are the elevators. We liked this location so well, that we are booked in the same area for our Allure B2B that begins this Sunday (6/29).

There is no noise to bother you.

I love deck 6. You are right it is close to the action. Most everything is in an easy walking distance.

We had on ocean view balcony on the Oasis - a D8 just aft of the aft elevators. Great location the Boardwalk is just around the corner, as are the elevators. We liked this location so well, that we are booked in the same area for our Allure B2B that begins this Sunday (6/29).

Thank you VERY much!

I just printed your response.

I think this looks like a great place to be if not too noisey.

Thanks so much!

I'm going to look now on the deck plans to see where you are talking about.

I would prefer to get two connecting D8s but there doesn't seem to be any on Deck 6, which is fine, we can just be next door although connecting is convenient.

The only D6s that are next to each other are further down by the ice cream parlor and over the beginning of the Restaurant that is on Deck 5.

Would that matter?

Is there much foot traffic further back?

Thank you so much!

I cruised in D8 - 6692 and loved it! Very quiet and around the corner from my favorite neighborhood -- Boardwalk. Down one to the Promenade.

Thank you!

That is the exact location I was looking at for the two D8s on Deck 6.

If I were booking a balcony cabin on Oasis/Allure, I would absolutely want to be on Deck 6. I like being lower to the water, and closer to the entertainment areas.

The deck plan really doesn't show it so well, but the cabins are in their own hallway, totally separated and insulated from the Boardwalk and public areas.

We love deck 6 aft, the closer to the elevators the better! There is absolutely no noise from either the elevators (they are not as close as you think) or the shops on the Boardwalk. My only advice to you about that general area is some of the cabins balconies can look down on to life boats. That may or may not make a difference to you. You can look at pictures of the ship on the internet to see where they are if it matters to you.

If I were booking a balcony cabin on Oasis/Allure, I would absolutely want to be on Deck 6. I like being lower to the water, and closer to the entertainment areas.

The deck plan really doesn't show it so well, but the cabins are in their own hallway, totally separated and insulated from the Boardwalk and public areas.

Perfect!

Thank you.

I thought about that too. With the ship being so big, even with an ocan view balcony we could be very high up if I booked us on say, Deck 13.

So, I am going to try to book us on Deck 6.

Thank you all SO much!

3 years ago when we were on the Allure we had Deck 6 - room 6252, (balcony room, can't recall what #) which was about 6-8 rooms down from some handicap balcony accessible rooms where my in-laws were staying...

This location was WITHOUT A DOUBT the best location!!! :D

Not one drop of noise from the hallway, elevators, NOTHING... One deck away from the promenade, steps away from the boardwalk and the aft elevators!!

This coming Oasis cruise my mother-in-law is all the way up on Deck 14, or as she keeps referring to it as - her SKY cabin!! :eek:

We opted to try deck 8 this time.. only a few flights of stairs if I don't want to wait for elevators!