OBC for Speciality Dining Bookings Catch

Just got off the Allure.

It seems no matter what I was told by C&A on the phone, the confusing wording, they use it as NORMAL OBC.

That is the credit was on the account from day 1, and was subtracted from the first charge, which was the daily tips. When we ate lunch in Azumi later in the week, the full bill was debited and then the OBC, which was oddly a few pennies more than the 20%?

Thanks for another confirmation of the intention of the promotion being followed and not the 'interpretation' left by their wording.

Good news about the Izumi OBC posting later and others first day.

Thanks for another confirmation of the intention of the promotion being followed and not the 'interpretation' left by their wording.

Good news about the Izumi OBC posting later and others first day.

There still were some 'screw ups'. You need to watch your account. First day we got less than 1/2 of what we should have. Talked to the Diamond person and she send e-mail off. Later in the day that was removed and the correct OBC applied. Happened to our DD's account too, so maybe it was a computer screw up, who knows. Izumi OBC came in two parts, $2.09 twice on a total charge of $16? Could not figure that one out for going to 3 restaurants which should have been 20%?

Had a Diamond BOGO drink on our sea passes (Sangria in Vintages, no specialty discount on that restaurant for a Tapas lunch either). The BOGO wouldn't come up on the card. Waiter told us it was because it wasn't covered as there was Alcohol in the Sangria. 2 years ago it was? Never heard and excuse like that before, novel. Spoke to GR and it was fixed later in the day. More computer problems?

These promotions and putting your coupons on your sea passes is NOT new. Should not have problems at all. Maybe the waiter was the problem? He seemed not to know what to do, even got the drink order wrong the first time.

Maybe it was just this ship? Other could handle the promotion differently possibly and have all the coupon kinks worked out?

Wow, just got up to speed reading this whole thread while at work.

We are on Allure Aug 10 and have booked 5 specialty restaurants already, some just my wife and I , some with my kids.

I just got off phone with C&A about getting the $8 children feel credited to our account on the ship, and she said it wouldn't be a problem, "except for Central Park 150, where the full $40 applies."

After the call, I reread the RCCL email, and it has no mention of the $8 child fee being only for certain specialty reservations.

So, I'll deal with that one on board.

But I am glad to hear that I should be receiving the OBC as it was intended (according to the two posters that have returned from the ships.)

Having already paid $620 in reservations, this should be $186 if I'm doing my math correctly.

So I have now prebooked 3 restaurants for Oasis....£88.50 in total so when I board I should have £17.70 (approx. $30) in OBC for me to spend against Giovannis or Izumi ALC pricing.....or if the ship is operating differently I can spend it on anything I want ?!:rolleyes:

Edited by little britain

So I have now prebooked 3 restaurants for Oasis....£88.50 in total so when I board I should have £17.70 (approx. $30) in OBC for me to spend against Giovannis or Izumi ALC pricing.....right?

Correct on the amount. The way I understand the discussion, you can use the OBC for anything that gets charged to your onboard account.

• 1 month later...