Art and bridge classes on Seabourn Sojourn

longton

My sister and elderly mother are taking the Sojourn from Barcelona to Cape Town.The ship leaves in mid-November and the cruise is 32 nights.

Whilst on board, they would like to try their hand at painting and learn bridge. Does anyone know if there are classes for art and bridge? Many thanks for your replies.

As you say, Seabourn has long offered art classes on its world cruises. In fact, some art classes' projects were included as displays at the themed evening parties relating to the ship's locations.

I hope that there will be art classes on that voyage too and that they continue for the remainder of this "voyage of discovery". This is how Seabourn markets it and it really is an alternative name at more or less the same time of year substitute for the annual world cruise.

Happy sailing!

I bet Seabourn will have both beginning and intermediate bridge classes in the mornings, followed by duplicate play in the afternoon. But "beginning bridge" is further along than starting from absolute zero.

IMO they would enjoy it more if they had already taken some lessons at home. There's probably a local bridge club which offers lessons for beginners. Then, they would be able to play in the afternoon sessions without feeling out of place.

While recently on the World Cruise, my DH attended the art classes taught by the brilliant Julie Conn. This was one of the best activities of the cruise. Julie patiently taught technique to the group and provided expert support for each person's creativity. My DH continues to paint since returning home.