GCT - Romance of the Rhine & Mosel in 2015

Sapphire73

We are on a GCT trip now and have two suitcases, a small roller, a cpap, two backpacks and a duffle bag. We can get everything under the bus. PD asks tha we only put the suitcases out for porters and that we tote the other stuff. Duffle only has our coats (we packed for col/cold and windy). Weather in Hamburg and Berlin has been great. Also indoor places in Germany are warmer than we remember. Must be all the renewable sources they developed.

GCT has new whisperers. Earbuds with a very flexible band that goes all the way around either ear. They sit just on the ear. Very comfortable and everyone seems to like them. I know several people wear hearing aids, so I'll try to ask.

So far both hotels had hair dryers. Have not used them, heard no complaints.

CPT trips, I think you asked if we know the name of our PD for this cruise. Just heard from our program director, Nicolas. It is great to get a welcoming email with some helpful info about our trip!

I had Nicolas last year on my Rhine cruise. He knows a lot! I never bring a backpack, always use a small carry on. I put a change of clothes in it, meds, books, etc.

Just got my cruise documents for Nov 25 Rhine Christmas Markets leaving from Basel. Was a bit disappointed in that I expected more details on daily itineraries. Just seemed like the same info on the web site. We also were not told who our PD was. Does anyone know approximately what time River Melody will leave Basel?

I had Nicolas last year on my Rhine cruise. He knows a lot! I never bring a backpack, always use a small carry on. I put a change of clothes in it, meds, books, etc.

Thank you for your input on this! I usually put a light camera kit, medications, and one or two changes of clothes in a small carry-on and pack a very small backpack (from Magellans) with what I want close by at the airport or on the flight. Good to know that this should be fine. Thank you.

Hope you enjoyed having Nicolas as your PD!

We are on a GCT trip now and have two suitcases, a small roller, a cpap, two backpacks and a duffle bag. We can get everything under the bus. PD asks tha we only put the suitcases out for porters and that we tote the other stuff. Duffle only has our coats (we packed for col/cold and windy). Weather in Hamburg and Berlin has been great. Also indoor places in Germany are warmer than we remember. Must be all the renewable sources they developed.

First of all, thank you for taking time out of your trip to respond to my questions! Good to know what you took in the way of luggage and that passengers handle all but the large suitcases. Makes sense. And I'm happy to hear that you have been experiencing great weather. I plan to be ready for rain, wind, and chilly temperatures - just in case.

GCT has new whisperers. Earbuds with a very flexible band that goes all the way around either ear. They sit just on the ear. Very comfortable and everyone seems to like them. I know several people wear hearing aids, so I'll try to ask.

Glad to hear that GCT has new whisperers and that people like them. (Thanks also for checking with someone who wears hearing aids.) Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Just got my cruise documents for Nov 25 Rhine Christmas Markets leaving from Basel. Was a bit disappointed in that I expected more details on daily itineraries. Just seemed like the same info on the web site. We also were not told who our PD was. Does anyone know approximately what time River Melody will leave Basel?

We had an email from our Program Director about a week before the start of our trip, so perhaps you will be hearing from someone in a couple of weeks. We did not get any more specifics as to the itinerary. I have spent a little time looking at reviews of the trip we are taking or looking up specific ports, and then making a few notes that I might find helpful later on. We'll see.

Hope you have a great trip!

IIRC, you are a first time cruiser with GCT. You probably will not have a contact from your PD. That usually only happens for repeat cruisers, maybe third cruise.

Due to the possible variations that are unique to River cruise youshouldn'texpect to know an exact schedule until the port talk the evening before.