Ketchikan

GAP2001

I am looking for suggestions on using the City Bus or car rental in Ketchikan, we would like to see the Totem Poles and the Lighthouse. How far is the airport from the port? Or is there a place closer for car rental pickup

I am looking for suggestions on using the City Bus or car rental in Ketchikan, we would like to see the Totem Poles and the Lighthouse. How far is the airport from the port? Or is there a place closer for car rental pickup

You can most likely find the answers to your questions somewhere on this website:

http://www.visit-ketchikan.com/About-Ketchikan.aspx

check out Ketchikan taxi tours. Just did it last week and it was inexpensive and worth every penny! David and Kat are great (we rented both cabs with my big party). May be cheaper than a car rental, and you'll get their extensive knowledge of the island. (you can find them on Trip Advisor).

I've used Alaska Car Rentals several times. They do pick you up, located just past the tunnel, and I've dropped the car near the dock, prearranged.

It depends- are you just going to go back and forth Totem Bight/Potlatch? Is the "lighthouse" a priority? If not, the bus is the best bargain around at $2 pp round trip. :)

I like the freedom of the car to go where and when you want. Ketchikan is a pretty easy port to research. For a really cool beach experience stop by "Point Higgins" beach if you are there at low tide. From the parking area it's maybe a 200 foot walk to the beach. One of the neat things is that the canopy of Sitka Spruce trees is so tall and dense that even when it's raining you won't get wet while walking through it. Also at low tide it's got some incredible tide pools to explore.

check out Ketchikan taxi tours. Just did it last week and it was inexpensive and worth every penny! David and Kat are great (we rented both cabs with my big party). May be cheaper than a car rental, and you'll get their extensive knowledge of the island. (you can find them on Trip Advisor).

Absolutely check out David and Kat. They are excellent tour guides and as stated, very reasonable. They charge by the hour rather than by the person. We have used them 3 times (yes, I said 3 times) and have never been disappointed.:D:D:D

Cole

Thank you so much for the info on Ketchikan Taxi Tours. We will be there next week and husbands are going fishing and we had no plans. I emailed David and he responded right away and they have availability so we are booked.

WOW that is a great port guide - thank you for posting the link. I wish I'd have known about that site before my last cruise.

As well as what is online, I call or contact each port I will be visiting for any free info they send out. It is always so very helpful