Does Celebrity have a Shuttle to town Helsinki

RM

Are you saying to take a tram instead of the shuttle? Can we take it directly to the church in the rock? Thanks

It's up to you. The shuttle will (I assume) drop you somewhere in the centre of town, as does the tram. The Church in the rock is a short walk from the centre, down a side street. I'm sure a tram route will pass nearby but the walk is nice.

The shuttle won't take you there anyway.

Helsinki is fairly compact and nice to just wander around.

I was just in Helsinki about two weeks ago on the Constellation. I can confirm that they do offer the shuttle run by the local transportation company. As someone mentioned it was add out 10 euros return .

I'd also recommend the tram and visiting Suomolinna. You can get a day pass for about 8 euros that includes the tram and the ferry to the fortress island. I found the DIY transport in Helsinki the easiest of any port. Drivers very helpful and each stop displayed and announced on the tram so very easy to make sure you've got the right stop. Google tourist tram and you can find their helpful brochures that help you plan.

Take the tram. See the train station booking office, then take the ten minute walk to the Rock Church. Its then another ten minutes walk to the Olympic Stadium where the lift up to the top offers great views.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with LF2C. The tram just outside the dock gates is a marvellous way to see the city in a day on one ticket, which is the cost of the shuttle.

Loved Helsinki. After picking it up at the port, the tram stops outside the art deco train station and you get others from there if you want. A couple of years ago we did the Rock Cathedral, Government buildings, numerous churches, walked along the sea front and found a food festival (this was August). Sadly not enough enough time to see the Sibelius monument.

Don't let others on this thread put you off the city. Do a little research first, and you will have a wonderful day, especially if the weather is kind.

I agree with LF2C. The tram just outside the dock gates is a marvellous way to see the city in a day on one ticket, which is the cost of the shuttle.

There are two places that cruise ships dock. If the ship docks at the West Harbor it is about a mile walk to the tram stop. If at the South Harbor the tram is there. The larger cruise ships dock at the West dock. Port schedule at the follwing link.

http://www.portofhelsinki.fi/passengers/expected_cruise_ships

We were on the Constellation 2 years ago and docked at the further dock. We caught a bus just outside the gate. We bought the all day pass which includes the ferry ride to Sommelina. Don't miss this opportunity. The walk around the island is beautiful and the chance to see Helsinki from the water is awesome. Can't believe the negative comments on the market! It was lovely to talk to the locals!

It is easy to walk to the cathedrals after you get off the ferry. We had lunch and took the tram to the Rock Church and then got back on for a scenic tour of the rest of Helsinki before taking a bus back to the port.

We love planning our ports and with a little research you will enjoy Helsinki as much as we did.