Caribbean Princess Cabin R746

Cruzin Grandma

Does anyone have info on this cabin? Is the balcony larger like the diagram shows on the website? We spend hours on our balcony and I thought this might be an option without extra cost. Thanks in advance for any info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does anyone have info on this cabin? Is the balcony larger like the diagram shows on the website? We spend hours on our balcony and I thought this might be an option without extra cost. Thanks in advance for any info.

R746 is not a balcony cabin. It's an OV and is long, rather than wide. Works better with twins than with one bed.

If this room is like the one on the Crown, yes, it is a balcony. We loved that room this past winter. The room used to be a storage area (on the Crown) and they 'handmade' the room, it wasn't a box shoved in the row. The balcony was larger than others on that deck. HOWEVER,its view is almost that of looking forward and not out the side of the ship like the rest on the deck. Also, it was totally shaded. We loved spending time there as it was an oasis and no one could real see you! If we wanted sun, we were 30 steps to our back yard and the adult only pool. Also, only a small staircase away from the buffet if we wanted a nibble.

I don't know how to post photos but I did submit them to a certain Facebook page who talks all about Princess cruising. The lady who has the page is Vickie. She also has photos of the balcony of the room you are talking about. I just looked.

Thanks for the link, hopefully this issue has been resolved! Is this an OV? The Princess website lists this as a balcony. I'm confused!

I had this cabin in June, 2012. It was definitely NOT a balcony.

I had this cabin in June, 2012. It was definitely NOT a balcony.

I think I see the problem. R746 was an aft ocean view room until this new build where they worked a cabin into some unused space (crew?) on the port side. The former ocean view room is now R748. They did this to a few of the ships, adding the one port side cabin. There is not a matching one on the starboard side. I have one of these new cabins on the Star on Aloha deck. I'll take pictures.

I think I see the problem. R746 was an aft ocean view room until this new build where they worked a cabin into some unused space (crew?) on the port side. The former ocean view room is now R748. They did this to a few of the ships, adding the one port side cabin. There is not a matching one on the starboard side. I have one of these new cabins on the Star on Aloha deck. I'll take pictures.

Interesting. We loved this cabin and the access door to our LARGE "private" balcony. We did the fjords on this cruise and most people never knew about the access, so there were never any crowds watching the magnificent scenery. And of course just a few steps away from Cafe Caribe.