Canon Digital Rebel Users

Flossie

I just thought that I would pass along some info that I recieved. I just purchased the Canon Digital Rebel ( the first one) in Dec. Now they have out the Digital Rebel xt. Today I went to the camera shop to pick up the Battery grip that they had found for me as this is not going to be available any longer. This is a popular camera shop with lots of stores and when I called them to ask about one(battery grip) they said they would have to locate it and only found 5 in there chain and no more expected. So if anyone that has this camera wants one I would suggest that you purchase it soon. The camera grip for the xt will not fit the original as it is just a little smaller. They also told me that the camera that I have the first DRebel will no longer be available either. If I were going to purchase one of these cameras now I would go ahead and pay the few dollars more and get the xt. Wish that I had waited one month longer to purchase mine and I would have the new one.

The battery grip (BG-E1) fits on the bottom of the camera and holds extra batteries. it has a shutter button on it for vertical shooting in addition to other setting buttons. It is an L shaped unit that fits on the bottom and into the battery compartment on the camera, I had the camera shop put mine on as you have to take off that cover that covers the battery compartment . There are instructions in the box that it came in. I paid $129.00 dollars for this grip. Canon also has it in a bundle package with a 300 lens but I have that lens already. The best buy is to purchase the bundle with the lens.

I just got this part yesterday so I can not tell you how I like it yet. I still do not know alot about this camera. I want to take some camera classes. Just thought that I would pass along the info that these are not going to be available before long. That is the reason that I went ahead and got one now. The digital rebel is a great camera but wish that I had waited a month longer and then I would of gotten the xt. It was not available yet when I got mine.

Archived