Early Saver and Cancellation Question

Four friends of ours are booked early saver in one cabin on cruise in October. One has to cancel. Final payment isn't due until 8/2, but I believe they may already be paid in full or at least majority. I know friend canceling will lose $50, but is there further penalty? Does person canceling lose deposit or part of fare? I don't think the other 3 will incur any penalty, but wasn't sure what to tell her. She is going to call Carnival as well, but just trying to find out some info from others with knowledge to reassure her. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

she will probably lose the 50, which usually goes in the system as a credit if she books another cruise within 2 years.

Your rate for the room will change if removing one person from a 4 person room, which means if you all split the cost evenly, each portion may go up for the remaining 3 of you. I would call carnival, and find out what the new total will be with just 3, and between the 4 of you decide who is responsible for the difference.

Thanks for the info, you got it. She called Carnival and the woman canceling will lose $150 or use it within 2 years for a future booking. The other 3 will have to pay $110 each extra since they are now 3 people in a 4 person cabin or they can find another person to take her place.