Laundry bag in cabin?

JandKMom

I usually take a cheap mesh vertical hamper that folds completely flat and fits in the bottom of my suitcase. It weighs almost nothing, pops open easily, and fits on the floor of the closet. Easy to just toss stuff in. Sold at Walgreens for less than $5.

Edit: Iamthesea and I refer to the same product.

Celebrity has no self service laundry, but some HAL ships do.

Haha...I actually did buy mine at Walgreens many years ago for around $2. I think they were being sold there as a promo to see how they went over with the public. Kind of like one of those "seen on TV" items. I bought it for my son when he was going off to college. That was 9 years ago. :( When he didn't need it after his freshmen year, I started using the bag for trips.

How long does it take for laundry to return if you give to room steward in the morning?

We sent out laundry twice, using our Elite coupons. on our recent Baltic's cruise. The first time, was the first full day on the cruise (we had pre-cruised in Germany and needed some things clean.) We did not get the cleaned clothes back until 2 days later. The second time with sent it out, it was back the next day.

As I understand it the laundry goes our in a paper sack and for suites it comes back in a cloth bag if not on hangers, according to previous posters

That wasn't our experience in a royal suite. There was no cloth bag and the laundry came back in the same paper bag it went out in. So don't get your expectations too high.

If I remember correctly there used to be blue and white, plastic, tie string bags in the closet. I did notice the past few years they disappeared. I did ask my cabin steward for one and he got me one, that was in May on the Summit. I usually bring a cloth bag with me just in case.

Happy Sailing!

PS like the idea of folding laundry basket! Have one in closet for DH's shirts to go to cleaners. Will use that.

I like to take 1 or 2 large, paper shopping bags (Macy's, Container Store) to use as laundry bags. Whites in one, colors in the other. Just slide them into the side pocket of my suitcase and on the last day use them to throw away all the junk we've accumulated during the cruise.