Azura vs Ventura

jamescruise07

Help!!!!

What are the main differences between Azura and Ventura???

Either thinking of booking a 14 night Fly Cruise on Ventura or a 17 night Eastern Mediterranean on Azura.

If you were in my position which would you book???

Thanks in advanced :)

Ventura has a covered pool, Azura does not.

Azura has an outdoor seascreen, Ventura does not.

Preferred the buffet that tranferred into a waiter service restaurant on Azura to the one on Ventura.

For me I would choose the Azura one - but that's because I don't like flying :)

we prefer the Ventura but cannot really say why - maybe it's because they have 2 dining rooms on freedom dining so more chance getting that than fixed dining.

also you can walk all round the prom deck if you go up and down 2 sets of stairs

and you can go on the desk above the bridge on Ventura which I don't think you can on Azura

but saying that they are both lovely we cruised round the Caribbean on both and had wonderful holidays - I wouldn't do either though in school holidays, I love kids but not on holiday

Ventura has a covered pool, Azura does not. 1 up for Ventura

Azura has an outdoor seascreen, Ventura does not. 1 up for Ventura

Preferred the buffet that transferred into a waiter service restaurant on Azura to the one on Ventura. If it's The Beach House then Ventura also has it, well it did when I was last on her.

For me I would choose the Azura one - but that's because I don't like flying :) Agree 1 up for Azura.[/color]

For me I would choose Ventura.

Edited by tjwa
spelling

For me I would choose Ventura.

It's not called Beach House on Azura -it's Verona. it's nicer decor I thought and the service was better than on the Beach house - we had to leave before the desert twice in order to get to the show! We did like the food though.

It's not called Beach House on Azura -it's Verona. it's nicer decor I thought and the service was better than on the Beach house - we had to leave before the desert twice in order to get to the show! We did like the food though.

I would never miss a "desert" eg Sahara for a show.;)

Hi Jamescruise07

Having cruised on both ships on numerous occasions I don't care which of them I am on as long as I am onboard one or other. They both have pros and cons but they both suit me. Just pick one or both and go, life is to short to worry, have a cruise and enjoy.

Having been onboard both ships, I would personally book Azura

I`ve done 3 cruises on her to 6 countries and she holds a lot of memories for me, ie spending the day in Rome, standing right at the front of the ship in Flaam when the ship was turning around, sailing under the Bridge in Lisbon whilst in the Planet Bar, Sitting reading my kindle in the planet bar on Deck 18 and watching the ship bobbing up and down like a cork whilst sailing through a gale force 9 storm on the Bay of Biscay...

I didnt like Ventura and to this day I still cant put my finger on it as to why

• 1 month later...

Personally, I prefer Azura. So much so I wouldn't really consider a cruise aboard Ventura.

I know both ships are aimed at families, but I think Ventura is more so.

I think the dress code is more relaxed on Ventura too.

So I suppose if you want more of a family atmosphere & a more relaxed approach to the dress code, then Ventura is for you.

Its very hard to predict what someone else will like compared to yourself.

Having cruised on both ships a number of times The only difference in dress code was that Azura had 4xFormal(Black Tie), 2x Semi-Formal( Jacket but no Tie required), 8x smart casual(no jacket) nights. On both ships the dress code was observed by 99% of the passengers.

I have enjoyed all my cruises on both ships, we only cruise in the winter season out in the Caribbean and there is a good mix in the age group aboard, we have never experienced disruptive or uncouth passengers on any of cruises. What we have had were people enjoying their cruise the same as my wife and I.

Edited by Sanjam cruisers
Typing error.

Having cruised on both ships a number of times The only difference in dress code was that Azura had 4xFormal(Black Tie), 2x Semi-Formal( Jacket but no Tie required), 8x smart casual(no jacket) nights. On both ships the dress code was observed by 99% of the passengers.

I have enjoyed all my cruises on both ships, we only cruise in the winter season out in the Caribbean and there is a good mix in the age group aboard, we have never experienced disruptive or uncouth passengers on any of cruises. What we have had were people enjoying their cruise the same as my wife and I.

No more semi formal on Azura in the Caribbean either from this winter. We are trying a 14 night cruise on Ventura in 6 weeks after several on Azura, so it will be interesting to see any differences.

Hi Devondoll.

Slight differences in decor, Ventura has no SeaScreen but does have the facility to close the roof over one on the main pools in inclement weather. The Glasshouse on Azura is our favourite bar between both ships, the Glasshouse on Ventura(exRamblas) is still decorated as a Spanish Bodego(good food). In my opinion the Azura has a more sophisticated feel but both ships are equally enjoyable, I have only cruised on them in the Caribbean during our winter and as I have said I find it to be a very good mix of ages on board and there are always about half a dozen wedding parties onboard. We are counting down to joining Ventura on 28/02/15. Hope you enjoy your cruise on Ventura. Both ships have been subject to poor reviews of recent which only going by my own experiences on board are thourghly undeserved.

Help!!!!

What are the main differences between Azura and Ventura???

Either thinking of booking a 14 night Fly Cruise on Ventura or a 17 night Eastern Mediterranean on Azura.

If you were in my position which would you book???

Thanks in advanced :)

James,

As you can see both ships have their followers. We have been on both and would go back to either tomorrow. The main difference between the two cruises you are looking at is that one is a fly cruise with lots of ports and the other is sailing from Southampton and back to Southampton with more sea days. I would always go UK to UK as I have no interest in flying. To much hassle.

That's the way I think you should make your choice. Both ships are getting good reviews from people who have not cruised much if at all before. So which kind of cruise you want is I feel more important than the ship.

Hope that helps

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just came back last week from Norway on Azura........ lovely time, been on Ventura twice as well, and i cant really choose between them.

One very picky thing is that you cant do a whole lap of the prom deck on Azura as the bow section is closed off........ not sure why.

Wish theyd get rid of the Retreat on both, as i used to enjoy being up high in the shade for my quiet time lol.

From next year there will be no difference between the ships apart from Azura having a sea-screen, Ventura a roof for the pool and a somewhat better promenade deck. Both ships will be part of the 'casual group' and have 2 dress codes, no smart-jacket required evenings.

The sea screen is the decider. Ventura is the better choice for me.

Just came back last week from Norway on Azura........ lovely time, been on Ventura twice as well, and i cant really choose between them.

One very picky thing is that you cant do a whole lap of the prom deck on Azura as the bow section is closed off........ not sure why.

Wish theyd get rid of the Retreat on both, as i used to enjoy being up high in the shade for my quiet time lol.

they added balconies to some of the outside cabins so to get to the 'clamshell' you have to inside the ship to E deck and forward to the doors past the cabins.

Very little difference IMHO since the tapas bar was removed from Ventura. Its more or less a matter of décor rather than substance with the sole exception of the sliding roof. I would therefore suggest that Ventura (with the roof) would be the best choice if the weather was potentially iffy and Azura if it was likely to be sunshine all the way.

They are both great ships and we have had really good experiences on both.

Because on Azura they added balconies to the cabins at the top of the stairs, moving them into a higher price band and increasing revenue.