Surprise at VOS Reviews

We sailed VOS on Jun 19th to Cozumel and the trip and ship were great. The DL is tiny but Elvis worked hard to help everyone. If you plan to sail VOS I don't think you will be disappointed. Happy Cruising.

Thank you! I was planning to book Vision for this month however was hesitating due to the not so nice reviews.

Can you tell me about the dining experience? Did you have assigned seating or MTD? Were there long waits for MTD?

the Vision is a wonderful ship. At least to us, it is.

Now, I must say, that on our last sailing of the Legend of the Seas, we were disappointed in the overall service. We sailed in an OS, our favorite, 8502 but it was a bit tired, and the service has fallen off. But, that is due to Royal Caribbean continuing cutbacks on personnel.

One can do only so much, then there is grumbling by the staff, and the feeling of the old Royal Caribbean is not there.

I look at all of the fun we used to have on the Monarch of the Seas, and the Majesty of the Seas, and why.........not because of the overall condition of the ships, but they were in decent condition, but because of the staff. The ships were properly staffed, the staff was happy, and they passed that feeling on to their guests......us!

I have no one to blame for what is going on at Royal Caribbean but to blame directly Adam Goldstein. He has hit a high spot with the investors, just look at the stock price. Very good.

Look at the attitude of the long time Royal Caribbean cruisers. Not so good.

That is why Royal Caribbean is after the first time cruiser......and they offer some goodies to past passengers, but I for one, can feel the frustration in the staff. We only cruise in suites, and the staff is not what it was, just one year ago.

Enough said!:)

Rick

RUBRRICK:

I totally agree your thoughts concerning the Vision

We were 3 in an OS cabin and there was only seating for 2 on the balcony. We asked housekeeping, our steward, the Concierge and service desk for a third straight back balcony chair. Hard to believe but none were available. They finally provided an armless kitchen chair

On embarkation, found dirty shirt and a glass with cigarette in it. I believe the stewards have too many cabins to service.

Of course, none of this ruined our cruise. The ship is beautiful and we had a great time. It was just that this was our first OS and we expected more. Our cabin was serviced twice a day while we were out, so we never had any interaction with our steward. Again, Too many cabins for them

We had first seating in the MDR for dinner. Our section was one of the last to leave (after 8PM) every night. Service was very slow. Our wait staff were hard workers but I think they had too many tables---------------

We are sailing on the Vision in August and looking forward to the updates. We sailed on the Constellation last March and had a great cruise. Only disappointment was the Martini Bar being replaced by the Ice Bar.

Thanks for the positive review. I think a cruise is what you make it. If you let the negatives get to you, then you will be on the look out for all these negative, and set your expectations way too high. Its a cruise, nothing is going to be perfect to everyones standards. We did grandeur, and Im expecting about the same, and it wasnt bad. Only thing that bothered me on past cruise was them NOT opening the Solarium roof when it got steaming hot in Solarium. Other than that, I cant complain. This will be my kids first cruise, so Im looking forward to watching them experience cruising.

Trudy and I seem to be in the minority. I meant to post here yesterday but forgot to as I was still catching up with what I missed while I was away.

I was on VI b2b2b recently and posted a few comments on another thread where people were concerned about VI.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43242798&postcount=179

There are too many people who have gotten more and more demanding over the years. I wouldn't object if they stayed home or switched to another cruise line or even a land vacation.

OTOH, I find the service to be improving. Sure there are bumps along the way, but stop examining things under a miscroscope. Go with the flow, literally, and make lemonade when you have to.

(Soapbox off!)

We sailied Legend last year and will be on Vision in March 2015.

My only complaint was choice of snacks late evening. I missed the Promenade Cafe for hot chocolate and a cookie before retiring. On the Legend, and from what I have read the same applies to Vision, you must either pay for a beverage at the Cafe or go all the way to the solarium to get something. Doesn't sound like much but I am getting older and stiffer. By the end of the day I am walked out!

Just wish they had something in between that was complimentary.

Soooo, if that is my only complaint it is way down there in the dust!!

Looking forward to Vision in March.

This is exactly why I bring stuff back to the room from the windjammer, after MDR dinner. Cookies, cakes, brownies, a few glasses of ice, that way i dont have to worry about midnight snacks. I have even ordered 2 desserts and taken one back to my room for my before bed snack :)

Oh Trudy......please don't turn off of Celebrity all together. Try one of the Solstice Class ships or newer. I was just looking over our pictures today of a cruise we took on the Eclipse a couple of years ago. What a beautiful ship. I had forgotten how elegant it was and what a good time we had.

celebrity is FANTASTIC for Alaska, thats all I'll say. I found it was an older group, and i actually liked that.

Trudy and I seem to be in the minority. I meant to post here yesterday but forgot to as I was still catching up with what I missed while I was away.

I was on VI b2b2b recently and posted a few comments on another thread where people were concerned about VI.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43242798&postcount=179

There are too many people who have gotten more and more demanding over the years. I wouldn't object if they stayed home or switched to another cruise line or even a land vacation.

OTOH, I find the service to be improving. Sure there are bumps along the way, but stop examining things under a miscroscope. Go with the flow, literally, and make lemonade when you have to.

(Soapbox off!)

I agree so much with you! Great post!