Fantasy? Your opinion please

molly5673

I'm really sorry for those of you who didn't like the ship. We love it. We know it's old, in fact we sailed on the Fantasy for the first time in 1998. There have been some changes made since then, but what I love about is that it's smaller. Sometimes I just get tired of the mega ships. It's also a great quick get away for us, easy drive down, easy embarkation and debarkation, food is good. I hate the ports of call, but love the ship. But everyone has their opinion so to the OP, just book it and make your own opinion.

This October will be our 4th year in a row cruising on the Fantasy. Like everyone else has mentioned, it's a smallish ship, but it's clean and well kept. I've never had anything to complain about on any of the cruises we've taken on the Fantasy, except maybe some of the fellow passengers who were very rude, but that wasn't Carnival's fault. The food is excellent and the staff is super friendly. You can't ask for better for the price and it's within driving distance for us, so it's really convenient. The port itself is a bit of a trial, but just know to wear comfortable shoes, go light on the carry-on, and have patience and you'll be fine. On our last trip we went from our cabin, through customs, and were in the car and on the highway in less than 30 minutes. I think they're also working on building a new port so hopefully the process will be even smoother then.

Sailed on the Fantasy last September and sailing again on her this September. While she is an older ship with less bells and whistles, we loved the ship, her crew, and our sailing. The port operations is not he cleanest but we had nothing to complain about. The port has detailed information on their website, so just search for Charleston Cruise Port Information and you will find it