lobster night on the gem

someone just told me that ncl has gotten rid of the lobster night in the main dining room on the gem,is that true?

I can't answer specifically about the Gem, but it seems that fleet wide it is being removed and replaced by a seafood buffet instead.

I also can't speak for the Gem specifically -- but it seems that lobster is now being served on most ships on the second night AND in the buffet instead of the MDR. Some folks reported that the food is better in that venue.

Don't know if it has changed since last month when we cruised. It was in the MDR on the first night. We spoke to the staff that the Pearl changed it to the second night and in the buffet which we learned from reading reviews here. They had not heard of that. When we returned we read again on Cruise Critic that the Pearl had changed it back to the MDR.

• 4 weeks later...
someone just told me that ncl has gotten rid of the lobster night in the main dining room on the gem,is that true?

Sadly it is true: we were just on the Gem last week (July 12-19, 2014) and when I asked if lobster night was still the first night on board, I was informed that the Gem had stopped doing lobster night beginning WITH OUR CRUISE.

So while it was served to the people that sailed the week of July 5-12, they stopped it beginning July 12. No explanation. Still had a good time, but it was very disappointing to hear. :(