December 4, 2005 Royal Clipper Sailing

eliebl

My wife and I are taking our first Holiday since our honeymoon 5 years ago. After having seen a documentary on the Royal Clipper I was hooked. Is there anyone else out there going on the Dec 4th, 2005 sailing?

I can't contain my excitement. 120 Days to sailing.

We are going on December 11th. When/where did you see a documentary?

Hey Thrpy,

we're on the 11th Dec as well...

First time cruising, in fact going to see the ship today as she's moored in Rome's port, Civitavecchia...

The documentary I guess is one from German TV, but I have not seen myself either.

Ciao and Buon Vento!

Search the web for "Super Ships: Sailing the Dream: The Royal Clipper"

You should find Discovery or another channel which will be running the documentary. I believe that Discovery is running it again at the end of the month some time.

Hi - I am also sailing on the Royal Clipper on 11th December with my new husband for our honeymoon. We have never cruised before but loved the look of the Clipper ship as opposed to a Cruise Ship.

If anyone has any feedback on what to expect please let me know!!!

ps does anyone know what ET time is in GMT time or where I can find out - am keen to watch the documentary on saturday but cannot find out what time it is on in the UK

We are very excited !!!:) :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

92 days, not that I'm counting. Hope everyone is looking as forward to this as we are. Not packed yet, but could be in probably less than an hour.

Keely-L:

We prefer the smaller ship, but have never sailed. We did the Galapagos Cruise on Celebrity's Xpedition, which was fantastic. Capacity was 106 pax, we had 72 on our cruise with a crew of 65, It was unbelievable. Sailing is something that just seems exciting and refreshing from ALL that I have read, from all the reviews 'n things.

Thrpy... it seems you Galapagos adventure led you to the Royal Clipper... It was the Royal Clipper that led us to the Xpedition. Once you travel on a small ship it really is hard to go back. We sailed the Grenadines for our heneymoon 2 years ago. You won't be disappointed.

• 1 month later...

Archived