Tour guide in Rome

This is who we've used a couple of times for tours as well as transportation to and from Rome. Very very good and he speaks perfect English. He is a Rome native. He also works with his son Daniele.

Here is the info on Remo:

Executive Limousine Rome

Remo Melaragno

http://www.driverinrome.com

email: shuttleservice@tiscalinet.it

We thought Driver In Rome was terrific as well, but keep in mind that they are not licensed tour guides and as such cannot accompany you into museums and the like. Remo gave us a fabulous tour of Rome during our port stop and arranged for a guide for us in the Vatican.

We too chose them in '03. And I would use them again & again. I was able to e-mail Daniele & give him a list of things we wanted to see during that one day. He was so good about writing back w/ a suggested itinerary, which we tweaked a little more as time drew near. Daniele was on vacation during my visit; but he sent a delightful man named Aldo in a late model black Mercedes. Although not a "guide" he provided a good bit of history, gave helpful hints & advice on navigating ourselves through attractions & recommended a fabulous (reasonably priced) restaurant for lunch. We also let Daniele arrange for a driver the next day when our ship reached Livorno/Florence. You can't go wrong w/ them.

• 2 weeks later...

<<We booked a Rome transfer / tour with Paolo Apolloni; http://www.drivinguide.com for 10-22-05. Check his rates because he spells out the 10% VAT tax added and the 3% fee for using a credit card.>>

Of course, adding that 3% surcharge (or setting miniumum charges) is in violation with credit card regulations!

And, yes, I do accept credit cards in my own very small business and have to write off between $2000-$3000 yearly in transaction fees.... But, everyone needs to play by the same rules!

Nina

<<We booked a Rome transfer / tour with Paolo Apolloni; http://www.drivinguide.com for 10-22-05. Check his rates because he spells out the 10% VAT tax added and the 3% fee for using a credit card.>>

Of course, adding that 3% surcharge (or setting miniumum charges) is in violation with credit card regulations!

And, yes, I do accept credit cards in my own very small business and have to write off between $2000-$3000 yearly in transaction fees.... But, everyone needs to play by the same rules!

Nina

Yes, Nina the 3% credit card fee will cost me a total of 8.25 Euros. No big deal.

Cheers

General Max

Does anybody know a good guide in Rome?:confused:

I am going for a pre-cruise stay and would like to have someone to show my family the sights.

We had Daniele from Driver in Rome www.driverinrome.com. He was quite polished, and we had a very productive and pleasant day with him. We highly recommend Driver in Rome in general, and Daniele for a tour of Rome.

Archived