Fantasy Jr suite

molly5673

I imagine people stay in them every 5 days (sometimes 7). :p

Don't limit your search to Fantasy. There are 8 ships in the class. Some had a few borg-like balcony cabins added, some didn't.

Way too expensive for what you get - a tiny balcony that isn't very private. I'm not a balcony person, anyway, and almost always stay in inside cabins, but paying for a balcony on a ship that only has them classified as "suites" is just not a good use of my money. I no longer smoke. Even if I did, I think I'd be able to get my butt out of the cabin and out to one of the smoking areas without all that much trouble.

My only upsell-Fairy call was for one for Leg 2 of the B2B I did in October 2012. For only $400 more per person (7 nights), I could upgrade from an inside to a Junior Suite! Uh, no thanks. I could take another 5-night cruise on her for that!

I don't care for cabins all the way forward, either. Too much movement up there for someone with motion-sickness issues (although I'm practically cured thanks to Ginger Root).

Anyway, you may want to ask on the Cabin Selections board, too. And have you read through the All Things Fantasy thread to see if anyone there posted about them?

Yes I have and have another booked.

The balconies are very small but there is one and the rooms are larger. The only reason we have another one booked is there are 3 of us and the ocean views have the pull down bunk where the jr. suite has the couch for the extra bed. None of us wants to/can sleep on the upper bunk so we have the suite for the couch.

What else would you like to know?

We had an obstructed view jr suite on Sensation. The only reason was that we love a balcony & actually got the obstructed view jr suite cheaper than the balcony! Much better cabin ! Yes, the balcony is small but we were ok with it.

The bad part is that we are doing it again..this time of course the jr is more than a regular balcony...but still watching for price drops.

What is the size of the balcony? Big enough for chairs?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've done both the obstructed junior suites as well as the obstructed ones. When choosing an obstructed one, chose the lower numbered room that is offered in the group of eight rooms. Those have a nice view but are a bit obstructed by the captain's lifeboats.

We chose an obstructed once and that mount was empty! I guess the lifeboat was out for repair or whatever, but we had a JS at the OB price.

The balcony is TINY. There are only deck chairs out there, no room for a lounger. We generally put the two chairs provided up against the opposite balcony partitions and this gives two people a place for their feet.

The room is much larger than an inside or ocean view. The bathroom is the same size though. There is a double size couch that is a fold out bed as well as a small coffee table that is an excellent spot for room service. In other rooms you have room service on the bed or the desk!

Most folks don't think "three dimensionally". What I am trying to say is that even though the Lido deck travels under your balcony, rather than the balcony hanging off the edge of the ship on other vessels, I find that most folks never look up!

Smoking is an issue though. I have been forced back inside many times by someone "firing up" a few doors down. They usually burn one then go back inside. I guess they are not there for the balcony as much as avoiding the walk to the other smoking area.

I hope this helps!

What is the size of the balcony? Big enough for chairs?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These balconies are tiny. As in when you sit down in the chair your knees touch the balcony railing. Once seated, there is no room for someone else to pass by you. And there is no privacy either because the balconies are in full view from passenger areas.

The cabins are bigger though. I think you have to be careful because if I remember correctly, some of these cabins are beneath the gym and can be noisy.

Edited by winddawn