Steak House

w8ting2cruz

I dunno...you all sure about this steakhouse thing? I've recently read right here on this forum that you can get as good, or maybe a BETTER meal in the MDR..for no additional cost!!! So, like I dunno......

Definitely not going to happen. The steakhouse is outstanding and well worth the money you pay ($35). We usually go twice on a 7 day cruise.

I think you have all convinced me to go to the steakhouse for the first time on my upcoming cruise.:) Bottle of wine included sounds good too, so I should reserve for the first night. I am still a bit weary of beef though. I am eating it again after a two year hiatus, but that filet with lobster sounds good.:)

Just because you're going to the Steakhouse doesn't mean you have to eat beef, especially if you've abstained from doing so for the last two years. It may not agree with you. They have other choices. I made a reservation for the first night of my upcoming cruise on the Breeze and am looking forward to it. I don't eat a lot of beef so I may stick with the lobster or even try the chicken or fish, depending on what fish they're offering. Just enjoy yourself and your cruise.

I dunno...you all sure about this steakhouse thing? I've recently read right here on this forum that you can get as good, or maybe a BETTER meal in the MDR..for no additional cost!!! So, like I dunno......

In my opinion it is definitely worth it. It was the best meal that I have eaten on a cruise ship and I make sure to go at least one time each cruise. It is well worth the splurge. :D:D

I enjoy the MDR and have never felt that I wanted to pay extra when I had great food in the MDR. Last year we went on the Glory and since it was my wife and I first cruise alone since our honeymoon we decided to try the Steakhouse. I knew it was going to be good and I was not disappointed. Perhaps the atmosphere and alcohol (!) had something to do with it, but one of the most enjoyable meals I have had. Outstanding food, service with plenty of quantity. We ordered two desserts (one each) and ate one and took the cheesecake back to the room! Wonderful meal and experience!

As a matter of fact, on our recent cruise on the Allure of the Seas, my two adult sons insisted on taking my wife and I to 150 Central Park, the Allure's signature restaurant, for Father's Day. It was wonderful of them and it was good but I had a better meal (IMHO) at the Emerald Steakhouse on the Carnival Glory!

Edited by BobbyD

We have Steakhouse reservations for the 2nd night this November.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me the difference in the lobsters when ordering their "surf and turf" or just the "lobster". Is it a different type of lobster? Is there a large difference in the size of the two lobsters?

Thank you.

Edited by hello

We have Steakhouse reservations for the 2nd night this November.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me the difference in the lobsters when ordering their "surf and turf" or just the "lobster". Is it a different type of lobster? Is there a large difference in the size of the two lobsters?

Thank you.

The surf and turf lobster is smaller than the lobster dinner.

Do they still send an email confirmation?

Yes, you will get an email confirmation. Last one took 3 days. If they are unable to accommodate your request, they will include days and times they can accommodate. We have a party of 6 and they couldn't accommodate our original time, but were able to do so 30 minutes earlier.

I think you have all convinced me to go to the steakhouse for the first time on my upcoming cruise.:) Bottle of wine included sounds good too, so I should reserve for the first night. I am still a bit weary of beef though. I am eating it again after a two year hiatus, but that filet with lobster sounds good.:)

I have not tried them but I have seen the chicken, fish and pasta main entrees in the steakhouse. They all looked really good. There is certainly no need to have steak when the other options are available (unless you want to). Enjoy the steakhouse.:cool:

What are your thoughts of dining in the steak house ? Is it worth the money ? Any day better than another ? What is the best thing on the menu ?

I will go back on every cruise, if only for the cheese plate option for dessert. I'm not huge on sweets, so that was a much better choice for me. We ended up taking it back to the cabin with us and nibbling on it for the next couple days. If you like stinky, delicious cheese, it's worth the trip, for sure. NO comparison to the cheese plate in the MDR.

If you've never been to the Steakhouse, and you like Steak, give it a shot. You're on vacation, its something new to try, you should try it.

That said, I found Carnival's steak houses to be very consistent (unlike Royal Caribbean which seems to vary from ship to ship). I found the steak to be great. Is it Morton's or Ruth's quality, hard to say, but its close. They try to give you the Morton's/Ruth's type atmosphere, and I have to say they succeed very well.

At the risk of hijacking this thread, if you're curious about this, then DEFINITELY try the Chef's Table. I agree with the posters who say the steakhouse is far above MDR, but the Chef's Table is far above the steakhouse. Yeah, its a pricey $75.00/person, but it INCLUDES wine (and the ninja attendants who fill your glass without you seeing and makes you feel like you haven't been drinking much when in reality, you've drank 4 glasses!) The food was heavenly. It is my new to-do on any cruise now if its offered. On the Pride when i went, it was offered twice, for 10 people each time. So, 20 people out of 2000 passengers experienced this treasure.

I have submitted my request twice in the past month for our December cruise but have not received an email confirmation.

Is there anyone I could call or place I could look to see if the reservation was made successfully?

Thank you Orison ... the only time I have lobster is when we are cruising -- I wasn't sure if

the two dinners would have the same lobster quality, just one being smaller.

So in November .... lobster it is!!

Well...now you guys have me all confused...I read a lengthy report on one of the steak house experiences...went on for days...and several comments about the MDR meals being better and without additional cost..that the steak houses have gone down hill...service bad...food worse....stick with MDR....but you all say how wonderful the steak house is...whats a cruiser to do?!?!?!?

It seems to me that several people have had one off bad experiences in the Steakhouse. For DH and myself it was a wonderful experience, such delicious food (he had the cowboy ribeye and I had the surf and turf). The service was excellent, and it was romantic to have a nice dinner, just the two of us. This next cruise we're going again, this time with family members. I would say give it a shot. :)