Helicopter in Juneau

kittybootkins

I want to book the helicopter tour with Coastal when DH and I are on the NCL Pearl next month. The ship is scheduled to arrive in port at 2pm and Coastal has a shuttle pickup at 2:15pm. Is that cutting it too close? Should I book the 3:15pm pickup instead?

TIA!

Coastal, knows you are on the Pearl and recommends this timeframe?? IF so, then I would recommend you take it. It would give you a good block of time after the flight for another activity.

No it isn't too close. However it is up to you, to be ready to go and in line prior to the announcement of being cleared.

Is it better to take helicopter tours in the afternoon if possible than in the morning?

No, in my opinion, it is better to schedule a flight when your ENTIRE port day activities are decided. I like to block my time to my advantage with ease of going between activities. If booking a flight in the "afternoon" does that for me, then I would, but just to say, I would prefer an afternoon flight- no. I have flown many times, first flights out in the am, with spectacular experiences. No way to predict any weather.

Is any cruise critics going? Please list tours, thanks, Cruisenpapa

I highly recommend you consider the add on Tracy Arm, especially your itinerary, all you are going to get is a partial distant view of the South Sawyer. The tour is grossly superior.

I was trying to book through Coastal's website. The form asks for the date and then there's a drop-down menu with times, which are every hour starting at 8:15 am. That's why I was nervous about the 2:15 pm. Has anyone booked online with Coastal?

I was trying to book through Coastal's website. The form asks for the date and then there's a drop-down menu with times, which are every hour starting at 8:15 am. That's why I was nervous about the 2:15 pm. Has anyone booked online with Coastal?

Call them direct, they'll instruct you to the earliest time given your arrival. They deal with it on a daily basis as BQ indicated above. We have toured with them, very helpful folks and great tour. Enjoy:)