Dry Dock to Hamilton by Bus

Buckeye Geo

There are two buses that go from Dockyard to Hamilton, #8 which goes along Middle road, and #7 which goes along the South Shore. #7 is the one which goes by all of the scenic South Shore beaches and Gibbs Hill Lighthouse so you'd probably want to take that one. Downside is that #7 is the one that all of the tourists take to get to the beach so the bus will be crowded - possibility that you could be standing for part of the way.

Thanks for your insight. Being an old NYC Subway rider I do not think a little standing would hurt.

Just a thought, I was planning to take the Ferry one way and the bus the other way. When would you think is the best time to take the bus. Thanks again, not only for your answer to my question, but for all the great information that you have posted on the boards.

Highly recommed the lighthouse - largest made our of cast iron. There is a restaurant in the house attached that serves a very nice afternoon tea as well as a great gift shop with items you will only find at the Lighthouse/ The view from the top, or even the bottom is fantastic.

Archived