New Celebrity Contest (7/2/14)

Andy

Why is Australia excluded???

Good question, but I think the question should actually be: "Why is the rest of the World excluded?"

Answer: Miami seem to think that their entire customer base is from North America and even with the internet, the rest of the world will never hear about the competition... :rolleyes:

Now, have we all got that warm and welcoming feeling? :)

In reality, it would probably be a nightmare to run a global competition as even just for Australia, they would still need to have gaming permits for every State and Territory, just like every Oz company that runs a competition.

Yes, it's all too hard. So why can't they run a "ship merchandise" giveaway or something for those outside the "legal" bounds of the competition to enter. Who wouldn't like another X carry bag or water bottle posted to them? :eek:

• 1 month later...
Because they're French

Uh no... And frankly a very inappropriate comment... Which I for one found offensive in this instance.

Equivalent to saying that a group of Americans were excluded due to their language, ethnicity, creed etc (that would be outright bigotry / racism)

I respectfully therefore suggest you don't use such sweeping statements... But perhaps ask appropriate Questions as the other poster did or read up / educate yourself on the situation

As another poster above pointed out Quebec is excluded because they have different legal issues / laws vs the rest of Canada

For example... Quebec is the only place in NA that isn't governed by "common law" but rather they use "civil law" so things there are very very different when it comes to legal issues

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

A bit touchy on the subject?

Perhaps... But then as my profile says I am Canadian and this was an attack on my fellow countrymen

BUT for the record I would say I would be equally offended if someone referenced language as a reason a US State was put in the same spot...

Ie... California cannot participate wonder why... Because they are Mexican

A sweeping inaccurate and prejudicial statement towards another human being is an ugly thing.. In so much as the Poster hasn't even entertained the idea that local laws might be the reason... And NOT language, race, colour, creed etc

I am one who sincerely believes that there is no room for bigotry in the world... So ya I do speak up. The world would be a far better place if more people did the same IMO

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

• 1 month later...
My wife won one of the daily prizes. Now I have to get an Xbox One.

DSC09369_zps53862a9e.jpg

Congratulations !!

Love it when a CC Member (especially a familiar poster) wins.

If I see it correctly:

* Celebrity Excite The Senses book

* Celebrity The Building of Reflection video

* Forza 5 Motorsport Xbox game

Cool :cool:

Cheers!