Any LGBT cruisers goin on RCI Jewel of the Seas Nov 8-15, 2014?

tpadul

Hello,

My Fiance and I will be getting married at the end of October, Yay for Illinois passing marriage equality!! :D:D We are cruising on Royal Caribbean, Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean cruise November 8-15, 2014 and were wondering if there are any LGBT cruisers from this message board that might be booked on that trip. For my wife, this will be her very first cruise and I have cruised in the past but many many years ago when I was in college and it was a very short 3 day Carnival cruise to the Bahamas like 25 years ago so this is going to be fairly new to us and we don't really know how many LGBT cruisers we might be able to meet up with on the ship or how to go about finding out in advance who might be on the ship with us.

We just got back from a 7 night all inclusive resort vacation to the Riveria Maya area of Mexico and we saw one Gay couple on the beach and had a great conversation with them for a while, it was their last night there unfortunately, and then saw one other Lesbian couple walking to dinner one night and we got so excited to see them!! The entire resort was straight families with children or straight couples traveling in larger groups, wedding parties, etc.. bascially we were surrounded by a lot of straight folks and not that we mind that too much, but it sure would be nice to meet up with some other gay couples during the cruise. We took a day long snorkeling trip and there happened to be a Lesbian couple on the snorkel trip and we had a blast talking and hanging out with them but then once back at the resort we were again the only same sex couple we saw with the exception of the other two couples. We were hoping with as large as the resort was that we were sure to meet up with some other LGBT travelers but we didn't and that was a little disappointing. We are always hopeful!!!

So, I thought I would start this thread here and see if there is anyone that just might be going on this Royal Caribbean cruise in November. It would be great to maybe find one other couple do hang out with on some of the day excursions. This will be our honeymoon trip so most of the time we will enjoy just being alone but the cruise is very port intensive which we wanted and know that some if not most of the islands are not very gay friendly we figured being able to hang out on excursions with another couple might be pretty cool.