sas transport service good?

adbnva

looking to fly into fll and cruise out of Miami. people seem to say sas will pick us up at hotel in fll and take us to cruiseport and return us to fll. comments, please, good or bad. thanks ad

looking to fly into fll and cruise out of Miami. people seem to say sas will pick us up at hotel in fll and take us to cruiseport and return us to fll. comments, please, good or bad. thanks ad

Yes. The are dependable, courteous, and $15 pp each way. We've used them numerous times. Request transportation on their web site and they (Steve) will send you an email confirming with instructions. They will do either a 9:30 or 11 am hotel pickup. Specify which you wish. They do pick up at other hotels to fill the van.

I have used them a couple of times, once got picked up at FLL and taken to port and once picked up at hotel and taken to port. Very reliable, I would def. use them again.

I too will chime in and say I agree with the above posters. We have used them numerous times and they've always been reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes, they are great. We used them last year when traveling from FLL to Miami with 8 adults and 8 grandchildren. They were prompt and friendly. My daughter used them last week when traveling with her husband from FLL airport to Port of Miami, both to and from the ship. She was thrilled with their service. Reasonably priced and sooooo dependable.

We used them from Port of Miami to FLL. We were the first people in the van, then it went and picked up some people from a Carnival ship, and then circled back and got more people from the Getaway. We then went to FLL, were dropped off, and waited in our bag check line inside. We were checked in with bags gone prior to 9:00 AM! It was a great experience.

We used SAS several times a few years ago. They are very organized (a good feature) and have a precise schedule to fill each van. However, on one trip, the van was so full that one couple had to hold their baby for the ride rather than use an infant car seat. Apparently this is legal in FL because the large vans are considered buses rather than cars (where a car seat would be required). The couple were not happy about this!

On another trip, there weren't enough seats and seat belts for all of us, so one woman had to sit on her husband's lap for the trip to the airport. I don't remember too many of the details, but I wonder if someone was added at the last minute (that is, no reservations) or whether some in the van were just so large that they took up two seats.

These are minor complaints but just wanted to give you a head's up if you're traveling with a small child and want to use the child's carseat; let them know (you might have to pay an additional amount).

I used SAS to travel from a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale to POM last month. They were prompt and courteous and inexpensive. On the downside, the van was packed and the guy drove about 90 mph on the freeway. This was very nearly a problem when he wasn't paying attention and the traffic stopped in front of us - had to drive onto the shoulder. But, we did not get in an accident, arrived safely (and quickly) and I might just assume that was a fluke.