San Juan time after the cruise

You have 2 options. First, there is a place within a block from the pier on the waterfront where you can store your luggage. The place rents large lockers for you to store all of your luggage. We have done this and it worked out great. Your other option would be to send your luggage ahead to the airport thru the ship. Carnival has a plan where you pay $20 per person to have your luggage sent to the airport and you won't see it again until you arrive home. I did this on our recent cruise and liked it.

I highly recommend flying into Puerto Rico at least a day or two prior to leaving on your cruise. You need time to explore and relax.

Barrachina's, 104 Fortaleza St.

They will keep your luggage, just have a drink or two or lunch. There is a taxi stand right in front to get you to the airport.

Thanks this is the name I now remember seeing in another post. I appreciate the information.

You have 2 options. First, there is a place within a block from the pier on the waterfront where you can store your luggage. The place rents large lockers for you to store all of your luggage. We have done this and it worked out great. Your other option would be to send your luggage ahead to the airport thru the ship. Carnival has a plan where you pay $20 per person to have your luggage sent to the airport and you won't see it again until you arrive home. I did this on our recent cruise and liked it.

I highly recommend flying into Puerto Rico at least a day or two prior to leaving on your cruise. You need time to explore and relax.

Thanks for the information..is there information regarding the lockers listed anywhere after exiting the ship?

Also, I would assume there would be information on board regarding sending your luggage to the airport. I had not heard if this before.

We are flying in 2 days prior to our cruise; I am looking forward to having some time in San Juan prior to the cruise.

Thanks for the information!

I didn't realize about Carnival taking your luggage to the airport and taking care of your boarding passes. They will provide this information the night or two prior to debarkation. You can see the place that keeps your luggage from the ship. It is a mostly yellow building. I believe there is an ice cream shop and another restaurant in the building.

There is a third option. Just outside near the taxi stand there will be many private tour operators with buses. You can arrange a tour that will then transport you to the airport. Your luggage is safely stored on the bus while you are in Old San Juan, having lunch or whatever else is on the agenda.

I didn't realize about Carnival taking your luggage to the airport and taking care of your boarding passes. They will provide this information the night or two prior to debarkation. You can see the place that keeps your luggage from the ship. It is a mostly yellow building. I believe there is an ice cream shop and another restaurant in the building.

Thank you for the info!

We're going to do one of the post-cruise excursions, which are really cheap when you consider the taxi you would have to pay for anyways. :)

Thanks. The prices are fairly decent for these post-cruise tours? We will have a few hours and would like to do something. We will have spend 2 1/2 days in San Juan pre-cruise, so we just need to determine what type of quick tour to do. Thanks for the information.

Thanks. The prices are fairly decent for these post-cruise tours? We will have a few hours and would like to do something. We will have spend 2 1/2 days in San Juan pre-cruise, so we just need to determine what type of quick tour to do. Thanks for the information.

Yes, they're 2.5 - 4.5 hours, $33 - $45-ish. There's the rum distillery, city tour, or the rain forest tour. Since we'll be going back to San Juan a couple more times, I'm hoping to eventually do all 3. ;)

Yes, they're 2.5 - 4.5 hours, $33 - $45-ish. There's the rum distillery, city tour, or the rain forest tour. Since we'll be going back to San Juan a couple more times, I'm hoping to eventually do all 3. ;)

This sounds like a great choice! Thanks. I notice you are also from Arizona!

Also have you taken your Alaska trip yet? We did an Alaskan cruise a few years ago and loved it.

We did a cruise out of SJ a few years ago and had a late afternoon flight. We booked an excursion to the Rain Forest for 1/2 day. With this, they took our luggage to the airport so didn't need to worry about that.

Steve

If you check in to the airport early you will notice a few guys with shrink wrap machines. IF IT LOOKS LIKE ANY CHANCE OF RAIN get it done. If TSA opens the bag, the company has machines on the other side and will shrink wrap it again after inspection.

I rained , well like the tropics, on our way home. The luggage will sit outside on the tarmac in carts until your plane arrives. We had brand new soft side luggage that when it arrrived at BWI (home) was still soaking wet, and very badly stained from the inside of the cargo area. About a quarter of the clothes in side were actually still wet!

I remember sitting in the airport, looking at the shrinkwrap guys thinking "who would ever pay for that?" You live and you learn!;)

We are cruising from San Juan 11/1, on the Splendor relocation. I put together a website for the cruise and thought you might find the page on San Juan helpful.

We plan to go in a few days early and I'm excited about exploring Puerto Rico. John

Thanks John. I will read it today. BTW, I am originally from Georgia... Miss those wonderful peaches this time of the year !

If you check in to the airport early you will notice a few guys with shrink wrap machines. IF IT LOOKS LIKE ANY CHANCE OF RAIN get it done. If TSA opens the bag, the company has machines on the other side and will shrink wrap it again after inspection.

I rained , well like the tropics, on our way home. The luggage will sit outside on the tarmac in carts until your plane arrives. We had brand new soft side luggage that when it arrrived at BWI (home) was still soaking wet, and very badly stained from the inside of the cargo area. About a quarter of the clothes in side were actually still wet!

I remember sitting in the airport, looking at the shrinkwrap guys thinking "who would ever pay for that?" You live and you learn!;)

Thanksnfoemthensuggestion. I would have never thought to do that either.

We did a cruise out of SJ a few years ago and had a late afternoon flight. We booked an excursion to the Rain Forest for 1/2 day. With this, they took our luggage to the airport so didn't need to worry about that.

Steve

The rainforest is one of the excursions we are considering, thanks.

Thanks John. I will read it today. BTW, I am originally from Georgia... Miss those wonderful peaches this time of the year !

Cut up one on my cereal this morning! :D My Mother was in Tucson for a few years, so I have been out there to visit a number of times. Neat area, but really different from the South. John

Cut up one on my cereal this morning! :D My Mother was in Tucson for a few years, so I have been out there to visit a number of times. Neat area, but really different from the South. John

Yum! We tend to come back to Georgia in the spring or over the Christmas holidays, so I always miss peach season. We were back there in May of this teat. Georgia peaches and Vidalia onions are the 2 foods I miss the most.. Although I can usually find the onions in limited amounts.

We live in the Tucson area. I would like to relocate back on the east coast over the next several years. My husband was burn and raised here, but is willing to try it.

This sounds like a great choice! Thanks. I notice you are also from Arizona!

Also have you taken your Alaska trip yet? We did an Alaskan cruise a few years ago and loved it.

Yes, we are from Lake Havasu City. This weekend we'll be traveling to Prescott, Payson, and Peoria!

This will be our first Alaskan cruise, can't wait! Looking at the pictures, we've already got additional itineraries from HAL added to our bucket list. :)

Yes, we are from Lake Havasu City. This weekend we'll be traveling to Prescott, Payson, and Peoria!

This will be our first Alaskan cruise, can't wait! Looking at the pictures, we've already got additional itineraries from HAL added to our bucket list. :)

We are from the Tucson area. And we are staying home this weekend. I have been gone a lot for work and to visit family over the last 6 weeks, so a really low key weekend!

You will lLove Alaska. We were on RC:eek:Radiance of the Seas 3 years ago and loved it. We did our own thing for 8 days in the interior of Alaska prior to the southbound cruise from Seward to Vancouver. Then we spent 2 days in Vancouver. I would like to do the same event again,but there so many things on our bucket list!

Safe travels this weekend.