Military Rate Soon

Does Carnival do a special for Military and family for Independence day? If I remember correctly we can do multiple cabins at that rate in November. :confused: I have my eyes on a cruise and the rate is usually a great help.

Thanks for your help !

Does Carnival do a special for Military and family for Independence day? If I remember correctly we can do multiple cabins at that rate in November. :confused: I have my eyes on a cruise and the rate is usually a great help.

Thanks for your help !

I don't really recall them having a special sale for Independence Day but lately it seems they are offering military rates for all the cruises I've searched. It's normally equal to the Early Saver rate but doesn't have all the restrictions. Haven't seen them offer OBC for military in a while though.

I just price dropped my interior cabin early saver on freedom 12/7 to military rate - was $25pp cheaper (ended up being $234pp + tax & fees), so there are at least some military sales. I know they had a sale in May also.

This is the current military discount. It runs until 7/13

http://www.carnival.com/Specials/military-discount.aspx?icid=CC_militarycd_2147

MILITARY SALE

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change offer at any time without prior notice. Cruise Fare does not include Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses from $38.42 to $291.42, and are assessed on a per guest basis and according to the itinerary. Guest may select the stateroom, but a minimum purchase of category 4A is required. Upgrades are automatically assigned at the time of booking and are based on availability in like to like categories only (interior to interior, ocean view to ocean view and balcony to balcony). Subsequent upgrades in lieu of price protection will no longer be offered. Carnival reserves the right to assess a change fee according to the date of the request, the length of the cruise, and the actual cruise sail date. Applicable to active/retired US Military and Canadian National Defense members. Eligibility documents must be submitted to interline@carnival.com for confirmed reservations within 72 hours for cruises outside one week prior to sailing and 24 hours for cruises within one week prior to sailing. Additional two cabins can be booked under rate code OM6. Additional cabins must sail on the same cruise as the Military guest. Cancellation penalties apply. Valid on new bookings only. Must book between July 1, 2014 and July 13, 2014 EST. Offer is applicable on sailings between July 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014. Offer does not apply to Carnival Australia sailings. Please request Military. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas, Panama & Malta.

Edited by DaytonCruiser

Depending on the cruise and itinerary, the military rate with booking extra cabins for family and friends is available now. I originally booked our Sunshine cruise in August using the Early Saver and Military rate combined. I changed to the Pack-n-go rate this week, but the military rate with the family/friends is showing now as booking option for the cruise.

It seems that they are trying to get as many people onboard for the summer cruises with all kinds of promo. When I made changes to our bookings this week their was only the Dream Vacation Promo, Senior Rate, Military Rate and Pack-n-go rate. Now there's the regular Senior Rate, and a Senior Rate similar to the pack-n-go rate which is prices between the two, and the regular pack-n-go rate rate is $80 bucks less than it was a few days ago!!!

Do yourself a HUUUUGE favor, and go to base, and go to IIT. Usually they're in the Exchange. They usually have better than military rates set up through MWR, with travel included way cheaper. I can't take advantage of it, but it would have saved me about 100 on flights and 200 on the cruise (I would have used them, but carnival doesn't recognize Civilian Employee's for the discount, which is fine by me, I did save a lot on the hotel and transportation down there with them though)

Seems like Carnival, along with many other travel companies (air, hotel, car, etc...) use "Military" rates as a marketing gimmick along with a dozen other "discount" rates.

We used to book "Military" or "Veterans" discounts years ago. But lately, we've found there are many other "discount" rates that are less expensive. You just have to shop around & Don't just blindly think that Carnival really cares & that "Military" rates are always the cheapest.

If Carnival truly care about Military personnel, then they would change their policy to make Military rates to be ALWAYS 5, 10, 15%, etc, cheaper than their absolute lowest rate.

Then once that catches on, the folks at AAA, AARP, Seniors, Women, Children, etc, will also want their special discounts also, then the cycle starts all over again....

Bottom line: Carnival (& all travel companies) are still a for-profit company & will market to as many special groups & offer them as many discount rates as possible, just to make them feel special & to let them think that Carnival is such a great company to offer them a special discount just for them...

Yes. I got an email alert yesterday that the military rate had dropped on our Glory cruise. Checked the site last night and it's over $100 back in my pocket :D. Of course, my PVP is off until Monday :rolleyes:. We booked under a special rate so I don't want to risk our booking getting mucked up by submitting the claim form.

This is the current military discount. It runs until 7/13

http://www.carnival.com/Specials/military-discount.aspx?icid=CC_militarycd_2147

MILITARY SALE

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change offer at any time without prior notice. Cruise Fare does not include Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses from $38.42 to $291.42, and are assessed on a per guest basis and according to the itinerary. Guest may select the stateroom, but a minimum purchase of category 4A is required. Upgrades are automatically assigned at the time of booking and are based on availability in like to like categories only (interior to interior, ocean view to ocean view and balcony to balcony). Subsequent upgrades in lieu of price protection will no longer be offered. Carnival reserves the right to assess a change fee according to the date of the request, the length of the cruise, and the actual cruise sail date. Applicable to active/retired US Military and Canadian National Defense members. Eligibility documents must be submitted to interline@carnival.com for confirmed reservations within 72 hours for cruises outside one week prior to sailing and 24 hours for cruises within one week prior to sailing. Additional two cabins can be booked under rate code OM6. Additional cabins must sail on the same cruise as the Military guest. Cancellation penalties apply. Valid on new bookings only. Must book between July 1, 2014 and July 13, 2014 EST. Offer is applicable on sailings between July 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014. Offer does not apply to Carnival Australia sailings. Please request Military. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas, Panama & Malta.

Edited by saharaga