Park, stay and cruise-packages from Miami?

Maryqueenii

Hi all, I'm looking for affordable park,stay and cruise hotels in the area of Miami. We are cruising at the end of August but we are driving down from New Jersey. We are looking for a hotel where we can stay the night pre-cruise, leave our car parked for the duration of our cruise and catch a shuttle to POM. There are 7 of us so we are trying to find something affordable.

I've looked on the boards but I haven't found much. Thanks in advance :)

Start at stay123.com and parksleepfly.com and parkingstay.com

Those will offer package rates that include parking while gone. BUT BEWARE. If you only look at price you could be in a pretty crappy area. Narrow down your choices, read current reviews on tripadvisor.com and come back here and see if anyone can help you decide between a couple.

The hotels in the airport/Blue Lagoon area are newer chains and in a decent area. That's where I'd look.

Another popular very moderate hotel is the La Quinta East.

Too Springhill Suites/Medical Center is pretty close.

August will give you some of the lowest rates of the year.;)

P.S. At the top of this board, you'll see an ad for Brickell's Hampton Inn. That's a great area. Near to the port. Read the small print before booking any hotel with parking.

Edited by eandj

Comfort Suites North is another budget option near the MIA airport that offers a cruise parking package.

None of these hotels includes a shuttle back to your car post cruise - figure about $25-30 for a taxi to MIA airport area hotels; about $13-15 to the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell.

• 3 weeks later...

I looked at the Comfort Inn for a package in November. When I go to book it it states that it is not available. I don't believe they have a package anymore. I tried different dates to just see and got the same message. I did find one at a Quality Inn.

We booked the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon area park and cruise package for next March. It's pretty pricey but that is spring break time of year. I think it is $20 a day to park at port so it works out cheaper to leave car at hotel since we are on a 14 day cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used the Embassy Suites airport earlier this month (you see the runway from 6th floor up on that side) and hear the planes at the gorgeous pool/spa area). It was $160 with taxes thru their site, included the parking for 7 nights (our cruise was 6 but we stayed 7) and shuttle both ways, although we ended up calling after the cruise and were told to take a cab- they paid us in cash with receipt, no problem. Two room suite, managers reception with drinks and snacks, breakfast. They accidentally had our group down twice and had two shuttles out there, one for Breeze and one for another ship. We ended up getting on the other shuttle last which was almost full and off first. They use large vans with trailers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

...included the parking for 7 nights (our cruise was 6 but we stayed 7) and shuttle both ways,...

Wow! first I've heard of anyone including shuttles both ways - although just paying for your cab sounds like the easy out for them (but not profitable? :confused:)

The rate plan included shuttle both ways, but we did not see the "Sunshine" van upon our zone 2 debarkation. Called the hotel and they told us to get a cab and receipt. They paid us cash when we got our room card rekeyed to get out of the parking lot.

We are two couples traveling from Ocala, fl to miami cruise. We are looking to book one night post cruise....not pre-cruise. Can we do it this way and still book under the stay & park rate? Also, since we will only have one car can, we only book 1 room under the stay & park rate and 1 room regular rate.

We are two couples traveling from Ocala, fl to miami cruise. We are looking to book one night post cruise....not pre-cruise. Can we do it this way and still book under the stay & park rate? Also, since we will only have one car can, we only book 1 room under the stay & park rate and 1 room regular rate.

I'd use www.stay123.com or www.parksleepfly.com to identify the hotel you want to use and then call them. You might need to pre-pay for your post cruise stay.

I'd use www.stay123.com or www.parksleepfly.com to identify the hotel you want to use and then call them. You might need to pre-pay for your post cruise stay.

I was going to say this...you may have to prepay, but I don't see why they would not want the business coming or going. Just call where you want to stay. GL.