Bermuda wedding...I NEED HELP!

Hi all,

Planning a Bermuda wedding cruise for July 2015. So stressed! Anyone been there or gotten married there that can offer some insight? My main concern is the cost. It its roughly $1000/person on both NCL and RC. My family just doesn't have that kind of money. Is this the rate you paid?

And location: Looking into Jobson Cove for ceremony, but did you do your reception on the ship or on the island??

HELPPPPPPPP!!!

That sounds about right price wise for Bermuda in July. We cut costs somewhat by sailing in early June and of course we ran it by our immediate family ahead of time as they were the only ones we really expected to go. We did end up with a few extra people which was great, but still only about 20 guests.

We ended up doing an embarkation day wedding instead of in Bermuda because of price, wanting a couple of people to come who we knew could not sail, and also not wanting to use a while Bermuda day for the wedding and gambling on weather. It was fabulous. Have a great time in Bermuda, I just love it there and can't wait to go back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im starting to plan our wedding for May 2015. I'm trying to keep cost down too. We are also interested in getting married on Jobson cove. I have a few wedding planners in mind, a client of mine used Bermuda Bride and had a wonderful experience. She also said the had a little reception at the Bone Fish Grill, It is right near the pier, and it was very good, Better than they expected. So we might do that. They said it was hard to get everyone at one time in the specialty resturaunt for a dinner reception, but they had 34 people . Going through the cruise line is to expensive.

RC is having a bogo 1/2 off till the 15th I think. We saved a lot of money. For 2 people a inside room 1750. balcony 2500. I think the prices have went up.

Good luck..... Tina

Thank you Tina! I've had my heart set on Bermuda, just having a hard time locking in a price on the cruise. I feel like everything else will come easy, but picking a cruiseline/port have been the hardest part! I've been on 5 Caribbean cruises before, and never paid more than 500-600 for my room. Having a hard time with these rooms in the thousands for Bermuda!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately no, it isn't an option. I think that's a major part of my price problem. I'm a special ed teacher so I can only go on my summer break. Last week of June, any time in July, or first week of August. I'm limited to that and I'm guessing from the prices during this time that this is "peak season". :/

Unfortunately no, it isn't an option. I think that's a major part of my price problem. I'm a special ed teacher so I can only go on my summer break. Last week of June, any time in July, or first week of August. I'm limited to that and I'm guessing from the prices during this time that this is "peak season". :/

I completely understand. My wife, mother, and I all work for the public school system and we have a strict employee contract. We had to make concessions accordingly--which is how we ended up leaving from Baltimore in the middle of January and going to the Bahamas.

Rule of thumb for cruising (and most other vacations) is that peak season is anytime school isn't in session. Rates tend to be the highest in the summer and the last two weeks in December (Christmas and New Years). I really want to move to a system with modified/year-round scheduling to avoid this problem.

Unfortunately, unless you're able to book last minute (I wouldn't advise it) or book the day that the dates are released, you'll probably end up paying a premium.

• 4 years later...
On 7/6/2014 at 8:15 PM, tmm4vaca said:

Im starting to plan our wedding for May 2015. I'm trying to keep cost down too. We are also interested in getting married on Jobson cove. I have a few wedding planners in mind, a client of mine used Bermuda Bride and had a wonderful experience. She also said the had a little reception at the Bone Fish Grill, It is right near the pier, and it was very good, Better than they expected. So we might do that. They said it was hard to get everyone at one time in the specialty resturaunt for a dinner reception, but they had 34 people . Going through the cruise line is to expensive.

RC is having a bogo 1/2 off till the 15th I think. We saved a lot of money. For 2 people a inside room 1750. balcony 2500. I think the prices have went up.

Good luck..... Tina

Hello! My sister is planning to cruise to Bermuda for her wedding in Summer of 2020. What did you end up doing for your wedding? How'd it go? Who did you end up using for a planner? Did you do the reception on the boat. Any advice is appreciated!!