If you had a choice......What would you do?

Not sure who I was knocking. I have an opinion, and I made an observation. How is my saying that I wouldn't want to spend any time in an inside room any different than those people saying they had a balcony and didn't use it.

Is what I said so offensive to people in general that you couldn't control yourself from attacking me personally? That's sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, so sad. I didn't attack you. You did come across offensive saying that people that book insides don't spend much time in them because the cabins are like caves. If you were at dinner with someone with an inside cabin would you actually say that to them? Right, that's sad. Some people are simply not cabin dwellers.... inside cabin or not.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Yeah, so sad. I didn't attack you. You did come across offensive saying that people that book insides don't spend much time in them because the cabins are like caves. If you were at dinner with someone with an inside cabin would you actually say that to them? Right, that's sad. Some people are simply not cabin dwellers.... inside cabin or not.

you are a bit testy today .Chill

:cj

If you don't have anything nice to say...

We do the inside or ov so we can cruise more often.

I have done a balcony twice but have one booked for my next trip, but most of my trips have been insides. Now that I have kids I like the ov since I spend more time in there and it allows me to see out. THE balcony while nice is not necessary for me. It all depends on the price, I'll splurge if there is a good deal, but if I just want to go I can do an inside ( the second trip I have booked). I'd rather do excursions and go shopping then have the bigger room.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Cruise 2 or 3 times a year in an inside or oceanview OR cruise once a year in a big, nice suite? I'm anxious to read other's opinion on this. :confused:

Suite, but it really wouldn't have to be a suite. A regular balcony room would be fine.

We're doing something in 2015 that I said we'd never do, a cruise without a balcony. I'm already feeling claustrophobic about it.

We're doing the New England out of Baltimore in mid Oct. My reasoning is that we really won't use the balcony much, too cool.

I am definitely keeping my eye on the rates. If the balconies get anywhere near what we're paying for the inside, I'm on it.

SUITE! I have cruised in balcony cabins and in an inside and an oceanview and I refuse to do anything less than a balcony ever again! I enjoy the private amenities a balcony offers. I can have my wine with my love in private looking at the ocean, in our chairs, with stars as our lighting - without having to hear others, see other people, make small talk, choose the non smoking side - all the stuff we have do when on the public decks. I mean, if looking out over the ocean with your partner is so amazing on a public deck just imagine how special it is on your own private balcony. We both work in service and deal with people and small talk and niceties and interruptions all week long all year. Just us is so amazing. Plus we get breakfast and have it privately with the ocean every morning - so special!! Not to mention on a long cruise I enjoy renting some newer movies, ordering a bottle of wine and some room service and just having a romantic evening ;)

Suite.

We really enjoy our suites and do spend a lot of time in the room/on the balcony and using room service. We love the size of the bathroom also, especially based on what I hear about the showers in the inside rooms.

Perhaps we might feel differently if we lived near a port and could easily drive there or if we were doing a port intensive cruise where we wouldnt be on the ship as much.

Once a year in a balcony, have never done a suite on RCI.

While we love to cruise, we also enjoy our land based vacation getaways and just can't justify the cost of a suite...but never say never:D

We do have a choice. We could do 3 suites or 3 insides a year. Our cruising style is to be out and about so we choose 2 long cruises a year in an inside cabin.

If you love to cruise like my wife & I do you would have to avoid Suites.We use Inside,ocv & balconies. Our 11-29-14 GOS 10 night western Carribean will be our 100th cruise & we are doing B2B on 12-9-14 for a 10 night Eastern Carribean which will be #101

Have to say this was a great question - I'm finding it really interesting to see how many different things people find important on a cruise (& how different they are to my own attitude to cruising) - well done OP!!!

I agree it is a great topic and enjoying the responses.

The thread has many posts that clearly detail people's preference I think that some are missing the point in the OP's question. I apologise if this is not the initial point but I am interested in people's opinion. Of course if we all had the funds most people would chose the higher category cabins that they could comfortably afford. I think the OP may not be in that category.

Let's assume 3 things.

1) You have time available to cruise when you wish.

2) You do not have the money available to cruise when you wish or in suites all the time.

3) You ONLY have the funds available to either;

a) Cruise 3 times a year in an inside cabin.

or

b) Cruise once a year in a suite.

What would be your choice?

For us it would be an easy decision to chose an inside three times over a suite once if that was all we could afford. While we enjoy a nice cabin it is way down the list of things that make cruises such a great experience.

Fortunately we have been able to get into a balcony each time because we found a price that was not too high above the inside and/or fitted our budget. The exception is that on our upcoming Quantum cruise we have booked an inside for the first leg as the price gap between the inside and balcony was too great.

Edited by woodyren

Like the last couple of cruisers said. More time enjoying the ships. You could say that I feel like this because I never cruised in a suite. But with 2 kids, 10 and 13 the time we spent in the stateroom was for sleeping. So yes for 2 or 3 inside.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Forums

We choose to cruise only once a year since I have limited vacation and we like to also vacation at the beach with the kids and grandkids once a year. So, when we cruise we choose suites because we love the amenities, privacy and space.

We too choose to cruise once a year since we have to vacation at other times to see the grandkids. Last cruise we had an OS and our eyes were opened to a completely different cruising experience. Let's just say we're HOOKED on suites [emoji1]!

We too choose to cruise once a year since we have to vacation at other times to see the grandkids. Last cruise we had an OS and our eyes were opened to a completely different cruising experience. Let's just say we're HOOKED on suites [emoji1]!

Lol!! Yes, we are addicted too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruise 2 or 3 times a year in an inside or oceanview OR cruise once a year in a big, nice suite? I'm anxious to read other's opinion on this. :confused:

inside/ocean view ~ Sailing on Monday (Enchantment) ocean view 5th sailing this year since spring break doing 8 night inside Independence, May 3 night ocean view, June ~Enchantment inside, June ~ Vision 4 night D1 aft balcony, and this Monday :D:D:D

I love a balcony and aft at that but would rather cruise more.

Im not sure if this was brought up

With the Diamond and above Balcony C&A discount

the price isnt much more than the price of an OV

Looking at some of the cruises it would even be cheaper than an interior

The Aug 24th Nav cruise out of Galveston is $504 pp for an int and $599 for a balcony.

This is before the balcony discount

Also depending on what category you book, you can get more OBC

Edited by jonbgd

... ...

We're doing something in 2015 that I said we'd never do, a cruise without a balcony. I'm already feeling claustrophobic about it.

We're doing the New England out of Baltimore in mid Oct. My reasoning is that we really won't use the balcony much, too cool.

I am definitely keeping my eye on the rates. If the balconies get anywhere near what we're paying for the inside, I'm on it.

Me too here.

For our Canada/New England in Sep/Oct 2015, we will be in an oceanview. First cruise without a balcony, too cold!

But still keeping our finger crossed for the upgrade fairies.... ... :)

We mostly cruise inside the longest of which was 17 days. I really just like to vacation, so more days per year.

We did 17 days in an Inside on a Vision TA last year, it was that or nothing (past final pmnt) & once DW saw the itinerary we were going :D It was fine & the best sleeping ever.

We've also done many nts in a PR on Voyager class and were quite content, terrific value.

So we're biased towards frequency altho' will keep a careful watch on fares/price drops and upgrade if it's worth it.

Me too here.

For our Canada/New England in Sep/Oct 2015, we will be in an oceanview. First cruise without a balcony, too cold!

But still keeping our finger crossed for the upgrade fairies.... ... :)

Suite, but it really wouldn't have to be a suite. A regular balcony room would be fine.

I just had this experience last year. I'll say that more importantly is the coupling of a much lower deck with the oceanview. I could have dealt with the window (although I would much, much rather have my private balcony) if I were on a higher deck. I was on deck 2 and although it was sooo nice and quiet it was hard to get to and waiting for elevators was super annoying. I was in a Pullman bed right above the window though and it was kind of magical to have my only view be of the ocean. But I really missed that balcony! Lol