Dublin Port Help

Hi peeps I'm planning ahead for a leg of our next cruise and was wondering if anyone has docked with a Thomson ship at Dublin ?

Where do they dock ? We are guessing it to be off Alexandra road overlooking where Stenna -Line pull in with the Holyhead ferries

as we saw other cruise ships there when we used them the other year ,when we took our car over .

Also do Thomson put on a shuttle bus and if so what were the drop off points they used and the cost if you used them recent ?

Did they have Taxi's in the port near the ship and again typical costs into Dublin should we decide to use them ?

Thanks for any help anyone can give :).

Hi Debs,

Managed to dig this site up that was on this site a few years ago :)

Here's a link to it that I hope you find handy as it does give basic information on the ports we will visit and others worldwide,

for others to use for their cruisers as well :D:cool:

http://www.whatsinport.com/Dublin.htm

http://www.whatsinport.com/Waterford.htm

and the index ... WHATSINPORT.COM

hope this helps you and others :)

We docked in Dublin on Celebration but it was a few years ago. We were berthed a bit out of town on the opposite side of the river from where the centre is.

I've just fished out the documentation and it looks as though it was the Alexandria basin where we were berthed with confirmation of the actual berth on the day. There was a shuttle bus but my info doesn't say whether it was payable and I can't remember other than we used it.

I notice from the map that there is a cruise berth on the River Liffey which would be handy to just walk off I'd think but we definitely weren't there. Perhaps Googling the port authority site may give you a port schedule with specific berths booked. Some do.

I haven't got the shuttle drop off point in the documentation but I'm fairly confident that it was by St Stephens Green because I do remember there were museums in the vicinity.

By the by, you wouldn't recognise the port map with today's versions - glossy, coloured and a separate Explore Ashore which is similar to the current ones but with coloured headings and good thick quality paper - not just the b/w back to back photocopies we get now. Still I suppose the info is the same but it doesn't half look like a better offering and something worth keeping! :rolleyes:

Edited by kruzseeka

Thanks for your help Kruzze :D

At Dublin we are going to meet up with relatives who now live over there , so may get a taxi up to Swords for the day

which is about 9 mile from port .

The cruise berth on the River Liffey as you say would be handy to just walk off and grab a Taxi .

Again, thanks Kruzze , for our possible options :D.

Edited by kalos