NCL Star - Baltics - Two Bed Suite or Connecting Mini's?

Hi everyone - our family of 5 is currently looking at the NCL Star next summer for the 9-day Baltics cruise. I've read some awesome things about it, and I like the Star configurations and feedback. Looking closely at it though, I initially thought we'd go with connecting mini-suites with balcony's. Three in one room, two in the other. However, I saw some good feedback on the NCL Star's two bedroom penthouse family suites with balcony. These are the ones on 12 I think that have a living room, separate nice master with bath, a good balcony, and just before you enter, kind of a side hallway with room & their own bath.

Rough numbers the suite where we are all in one room is 10%-15% more in total and I'm wondering if worth it. The idea of connecting mini-s sounds just find with me, the 3/2 people room config is pretty good. But I've heard that there are some privileges that come with suites that we wouldn't have in the mini's.

Any veterans of the Star and/or the Baltics, or anyone else with some input, we'd sure appreciate it!

We did the Star Baltic cruise last year in the two bedroom SC cabin deck 11.

These rooms are very classy indeed....the suite benefits are priceless on the Baltic trip with vip exit off the ship at every port.....especially St Petersburg....where the queue to get off can be very long.

My review of Baltic cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1840348

We just got off the Star. We were in the 2 bedroom suite (4 adults). We enjoyed the butler that came with the suite; we ordered breakfast in the room almost every morning! We also enjoyed Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. The cruise was great (except my Dad had his wallet stolen in Russia...).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app