Triumph cabin 6421....warning

suspaul

I agree with you on the crazy kids! In my experience, the shorter cruises are filled with drunk parents who could care less where their kids are. Last year on the triumph, two little ****s kept getting in the elevators and pushing all the buttons and hopping back out. I never saw them with parents for 4 days or I would've said something. We have an 8 year old and I'd be mortified if she did the things some of those kids do. Not to mention you never know if a sexual deviant is on the ship so you need to know where your kids are at all times!

Yes, bad on your part you didn't pick a good location due to noise from deck 5 but I'm with you 100% on respect. Kids can run all you want on the other decks but when there are cabins keep it quiet.

The overrun swimming pools where you couldn't even stand at the side without being splashed .

So you were standing by a swimming pool and got splashed? Really?

So now we now kids cannot talk in the hallway and definitely cannot splash in a swimming pool. What else?

• 3 months later...
Just got in today from a short 5 night cruise on the Triumph. We booked 10 days prior to leaving and this was the only balcony cabin available, I didn't do my homework, this was the cabin from Hades. It's over the Piano bar so there is a lot of late evening loud-ish music that may be a problem for some, the real issue was people congregating outside our door in the hallway before heading to their cabins, there is a wide hallway right in front of this cabin, stairs are on the right and a bank of elevators to the left, very noisy until very late, we also had many children yelling and running up and down the hallways, makes you wonder where the parents are but they're right there, yucking it up. Do people not take into consideration that people may be sleeping?

The Triumph and the cabin itself were fine, no complaints at all about anything other than the lack of regard for other passengers.

Everyone is there to have a good time but please...think about someone other than yourself and take care of your kids! Not everyone thinks your little darlings, running down the hallways, blowing plastic whistles at 10:30 pm is endearing nor your loud laughter thinking how cute it is.

I agree about the kids. That is why I feel lucky enough to be retired and get to cruise when most schools are in session.

I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting quiet in the hallways 10:30pm and beyond...it's where people sleep. I used to be in the party crowd, out until the early hours of the morning and there were much cooler places to hang out on the ship than the hallway. Now that I have a 4 year old I am probably the early bird trying to sleep because said 4 year old will have me up in time for sunrise.

On the two cruises we have been on (Triumph, Magic), we usually had the lights out by 10:30 as well..if not earlier. We are not party people..we are morning people. You would find us waiting for the gym to open to hit the treadmills, or up on the top deck walking around the track watching the day unfold.

That said, we don't expect quiet in the hallways that early. Frankly it would be have to be a lot of noise after midnight before I would even think it inappropriate. After all you are on a Cruise Ship...everyone is looking to have a good time, and for most on-board, good times do not stop at 10:30. You know this when you book it...regardless of cabin location.

I'm with the original poster on this one. There are plenty of places on a ship to converse loudly that don't include cabins. I taught my kids from a young age to respect others and to be quiet in hotel (and cruise ship) hallways because it's not polite.

• 3 weeks later...
It's about respecting others rights. Noise in the hallway or in a room is not acceptable. On a cruise ship or a hotel. However your post only helps with the bad image of Carnival as being the party boat and walmart of the seas!

Carnival somehow attracts a different class of people, exspecially on shorter cruises. Its also funny how this is the only Message board (Carnival) that the moderator has the topic "Clean it up" listed in the "sticky" section.... Not a problem with the other ship topic boards.. Makes you wonder....

Im also a Veteran Carnival cruiser with 12 and one booked for Dec,and been on 25 cruises total, but I don't act like these so called "wal mart" Passengers and disrespect others in the hallways and near Cabin doorways.

You could always book on Holland America. LOL. There ships "shut down" by 10 pm anyhow...

Edited by navyvet8395