Bahamas or Caribbean??

ccleveland

We just sailed on the Breeze in May and I would sail on her again even if the ship went around and around in circles and never stopped at a port. This ship is FANTASTIC!! The sports deck is huge and we loved the ropes course, mini golf, etc. The water park is also huge and great fun. The outdoor seating areas are spread around the ship and there was always seating in the sun or shade. Ocean Plaza was a huge draw with their live entertainment, trivia, and Taste Bar (not to mention the pork sliders at the BBQ). The interior of the ship is beautifully decorated...the buffet area is perfectly laid out so there was never a wait at any of the venues and decor had a great tropical feel.

We spent a lot of time at Bonsai Sushi and the Red Frog Pub. There is so much to do on this ship, you will never be bored.

I can't say enough good things about the Breeze, stunning ship and great cruise experience.

I have also sailed on the Glory a few times and while we had a good time, the decor is a little dated and overall experience as expected.

The Breeze offered new, exciting venues which my family loved.

Some of you said no to jamaica? why is that?

Only bad thing i see about the glory 7 day cruise is that it has the bahamas and from what i hear, the half moon cay is a private beach and nothing to exciting??

Anyone else been on the breeze and had trouble getting around since it a bigger ship with more people on it??

The Breeze is soooo big with much more outdoor seating that the passengers disperse around the ship and we never felt rushed or crowded anywhere. We always found somewhere to park our butts for a few hours and enjoy sunbathing, drinking, and enjoying the ropes course. Everyone seems to congregate around the pool areas which jam up but the rest of the ship has great seating areas.

If you're worried about lines at the buffet, eat at off hours. If you have scheduled dining, arrive 5 minutes later. It's very easy to circumvent the "herding" effect that so many people dread. We never felt that on the Breeze. We had pre-dinner drinks every night at the Red Frog and we were the only ones there enjoying the guitar player.

Ocho Rios is a port where a shore excursion should be enjoyed. We booked Dunns River Falls and had a great time. Upon our return to the dock, we walked over to Margaritaville for a snack and drinks and swam in their pool. We had a great time there and between the drinks we purchased and the free pours, we were able to stagger back to the ship in plenty of time for sailaway.

Grand Cayman is gorgeous and an excursion to sting ray city is in order if you've never been. We have been there so many times that we hop on a shared taxi to 7 Mile Beach and hang out at Calico Jacks where we rent chairs and just enjoy the beautiful water. You can also rent jet skis here and take a banana boat ride.

Cozumel is another beautiful place and there are a lot of shore excursions for this port which we have done. There are all inclusive resorts that cruisers brag about on these boards. We take the easy route and a shared taxi to Paradise Beach ($2 for loungers).

Half Moon Cay is a tender port which you may or may not be able to visit. If the weather is bad, this port gets cancelled. If we sail on a ship that has Half Moon Cay in the itinerary, we know it's a crap shoot whether we'll make it there or not. The same can be said for Grand Cayman, bad weather cancels this port also. Half Moon Cay is stunningly beautiful but it is basically a beach/water port stop.

San Juan, I believe, offers more history than some others. The two forts in San Juan are great to visit and very inexpensive (free shuttles to both). It's great walking around in Old San Juan with its cobblestone streets and funky eateries. St. Thomas has beautiful beaches and water activities and lots of shopping.

Some of you said no to jamaica? why is that?

Only bad thing i see about the glory 7 day cruise is that it has the bahamas and from what i hear, the half moon cay is a private beach and nothing to exciting??

Anyone else been on the breeze and had trouble getting around since it a bigger ship with more people on it??

Jamaica gets a bad rap due to aggressive vendors and criminal incidents over the years. However, there are some great excursions and things to do there.

HMC is the prettiest beach I've seen. Don't knock it until you've tried it. :cool:

well i have decided to go ahead and try the 6 day western on breeze ship. Its one of the biggest so hopefully not a lot of people choose the cruise I'm doing lol. Next time i will try the freedom or whatever that goes on the eastern cruise. Im so pumped but not looking forward to driving 10 hours to miama :(