Breakaway balcony 11178

ripjerry95

I'm sailing in my first balcony cabin in the breakaway in November. Mid ship balcony cabin 11178. Woohoo! Anyone who has been in this cabin or similar that can tell me how is the storage? We are two females in our 40's both tend to overpack. Haha! Also is there a coffee maker in the cabin? TIA

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We were in a mini-suite which is mostly a larger bathroom. There is a closet with hanging area and a stack of shelves, with one big shelf above the hanging area. A small safe takes up most of one shelf.

There are two very large drawers under the sofa. The steward stores bedding for the sofa and sometimes other things in there, but will adjust if you decide to use those drawers.

Under the bed there may be a wire basket with your life vests. The beds are definitely tall enough to store your luggage there -- and if you bring some collapsible cubes, you could possible store more stuff there too.

There are two small bedside tables, each of which has a shelf about halfway to the floor. If you have some small collapsible boxes or other containers, you can store stuff there too, and still have a bedside table.

Most of the desk cabinet is taken up with the mini-fridge. There is a cabinet sort of on the side and a shallow cabinet against the wall under the TV, good for storing random odds and ends. The square ottoman that's under the desk is also available for storage.

The bathroom in the MX had a lot of storage in cabinets under the sink. Your balcony would have less, but still a cabinet in there for whatever. There are also shelves up against the mirror that you can use for your stuff.

You may have to get creative but you'll probably be OK.

I'm sailing in my first balcony cabin in the breakaway in November. Mid ship balcony cabin 11178. Woohoo! Anyone who has been in this cabin or similar that can tell me how is the storage? We are two females in our 40's both tend to overpack. Haha! Also is there a coffee maker in the cabin?

I was in stateroom 11780 on Norwegian Breakaway. Same deck, but exact opposite position on starboard side, and with identical bed/sofa layout as 11178. Plenty of storage space.

So . . . your room should look identical to this:

11780%20Door-XL.jpg

11780%20A-XL.jpg

11780%20D-XL.jpg

11780%20C-XL.jpg

11780%20E-XL.jpg

There are also two very large drawers under the sofa. I didn't find them until day five.:(

I never found them and could have used them! Nice to know for the future.