Early Saver Changes???

Am I understanding it correctly now that if there is a price drop the difference is given in an OBC? I liked the old way of them adjusting your remaining balance.

Any other changes I should know about? It's been a while now since I booked an early saver fare.

Thanks.

Am I understanding it correctly now that if there is a price drop the difference is given in an OBC? I liked the old way of them adjusting your remaining balance.

Any other changes I should know about? It's been a while now since I booked an early saver fare.

Thanks.

Before final payment price adjustment after final payment OBC. Same as its always been with ES

Edited by TwizzlersAddict

Thanks. I was reading the FAQs, and all it mentioned was an OBC so I just assumed it was changed.

Thanks for clarifying.

Can you still price adjust if early saver is not offered anymore to another rate that allows you to choose your own cabin?

Thanks.

Can you still price adjust if early saver is not offered anymore to another rate that allows you to choose your own cabin? Thanks.

Yes. You can price adjust to any rate you qualify for such as Military, Interline, Senior, etc.

You can price adjust up to 2 business days before sail date.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, I just booked my cruise last night using the Early Saver rate. The Carnival rep on the phone said that they only give OBC for a price reduction and that they do not lower your final payment total, even if the price reduction happens before you have made your final payment. I questioned her and asked if there had been a change in policy, since I got over $800 off the cruise price last year after the Triumph incident, and it was definitely not OBC, we just had a lower price to pay on final payment. She insisted that there was never a policy change and that it has always been just OBC (or a room upgrade, but I never take that option). Has anyone submitted the online form recently and can confirm that they still do drop your final payment price? I found it kind of weird that she was so insistent about only giving OBC, especially given what everyone is saying in this thread....

Hmmm, I just booked my cruise last night using the Early Saver rate. The Carnival rep on the phone said that they only give OBC for a price reduction and that they do not lower your final payment total, even if the price reduction happens before you have made your final payment. I questioned her and asked if there had been a change in policy, since I got over $800 off the cruise price last year after the Triumph incident, and it was definitely not OBC, we just had a lower price to pay on final payment. She insisted that there was never a policy change and that it has always been just OBC (or a room upgrade, but I never take that option). Has anyone submitted the online form recently and can confirm that they still do drop your final payment price? I found it kind of weird that she was so insistent about only giving OBC, especially given what everyone is saying in this thread....

I guarantee you if you called back and talked to another rep you would get a different answer.

Our price drop was before final payment & was taken off our balance.....

I have done two price reductions in the last two weeks - before final payment - and have been sent new statements by Carnival with the difference taken out of my final payment. In other words, my final payment will be lower because of the price adjustments. I actually just emailed my pvp, and he took care of it. In the past, if he is unavailable I just called the Carnival 800 # and they took care of it in the same manner.

I've gotten a few price drops so far and they've all been taken off what I owe.

The last time was 2 days ago via the online form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ehpride

I think that women at carnival that told you only OBC needs to be retrained. That happens all the time. It's like telling a joke to someone and they tell it to someone else and the joke has totally changed. HAPPY SAILING!!!