Falmouth - Historical Tour - Non-strenuous

YadaYadaJodi

We will be going to Falmouth, Jamaica in October on RCI's Navigator of the Seas. Falmouth will be our 3rd port day in a row so I'm sure my DH's feet will need a rest by then. We are looking at jeeps, snorkeling, stingrays, and beach in Cozumel and Grand Cayman so are thinking about some kind of historical sightseeing tour in Jamaica. It is just the 2 of us so I don't think it would be cost effective to book a private tour. Also not interested in a tour with a lot of walking.

Can anyone recommend an excursion with those parameters?

Thoughts on the trolley tour on our own? Price? Safe?

Looking at the trolley tour and also RCI Excursions - 1) Historic Falmouth and Ocho Rios Highlights 2) Heartbeat of Jamaica - Discover Falmouth.

Plantation tours sound good but they also sound like a lot of walking which I don't think my DH will be up to for a 3rd day in a row.

Hoping to hear some opinions and options for Falmouth excursions.

TIA :)

We are going this weekend and have the same questions. Waterfalls and Blue holes don't interest us, we have enough of that here at home. We are looking for something more relaxing. Walking isn't an issue. We love snorkeling, history, food, and sightseeing. We need help like right now!!

Edited by 1foots
wrong thread I think

It's not really historical, but it is relaxing lovely.....rafting on the Martha Brae. You sit on a two person bamboo raft and the guide gently poles you down the river. Calm, relaxing, full of local culture (they sing, tell stories, etc) as you float along the river. It's a really cool experience!!

martha_brae_bamboo_rafting_excursion_-_www_falmouthcruisetours_com.jpg.6907257aeac9fc3b27fed8666aa650e7.jpg

marthabrae_01_large.jpg.e2337143fd215f7a46203e969a5e45da.jpg