Looking for affordable

Hello to all,

So I'm a planner folks.

Got a binder & all.

I'm looking for an affordable hotel in Seattle that has free airport shuttle and shuttle (or a small fee) to cruise pier for 4 adults. Would like at least one restaurant nearby.

I've called several hotels and most tell me that you need to call town car comp. Called the company they wont even give me an estimate. Cruise is in May. Call back in March or April.

Any ideas folks.

Thanks in advance

Dawn aka stewartgirl721

I don't think there is such a thing as a free shuttle airport hotel, that has a low cost shuttle to the cruise terminal. When we went to Seattle, our first choice was Cedarbrook Lodge because they had a free shuttle from the airport.

However, then I called AlreadyThereTowncar service and the price for from that area to the pier area was approx 60 plus tip. That was 2011.

We ended up having Already There get us at the airport and take us downtown to the Pan Pacific. That way we were closer to things to do downtown and ready to get to the pier the next morning. The towncar service was great and I was really glad they were doing the driving as the traffic was really bad. We got to the Pan in time to have dinner at a Tutta Bella Pizza and then took the elevator down to explore Whole Foods. Then back up and into the Pan. Then we grabbed a cab over to the Aquarium,

I'm not sure I helped you at all....except to know that if you stay close to the airport, I'm not sure there is a cheap transfer over to the pier area.

Hello to all,

So I'm a planner folks.

Got a binder & all.

I'm looking for an affordable hotel in Seattle that has free airport shuttle and shuttle (or a small fee) to cruise pier for 4 adults. Would like at least one restaurant nearby.

I've called several hotels and most tell me that you need to call town car comp. Called the company they wont even give me an estimate. Cruise is in May. Call back in March or April.

Any ideas folks.

Thanks in advance

Dawn aka stewartgirl721

Do an internet search for Seattle airport hotels. Then read each one's amenities to see which offer free shuttle service between airport and hotel. Some might offer shuttle service to the cruise ship pier. Also check with your cruise line on the cost of a transfer between the airport and ship. That will give you something to compare prices to when you contact cab or limo companies.

We just sailed the Norwegian Jewel on 6/21. On the night before our sailing we stayed at the Belltown Inn. Decent rooms, but no AC (not a problem for us since the temps weren't very high and they have fans in the room). For approximately $160 a night I wasn't complaining. There were plenty of places to eat nearby (Dahila's Lounge was our favorite). The next morning we walked to Pier 66 (partially downhill).

We arranged all our airport transportation with Shuttle Express and had no issues at all. Found a coupon code and saved 10% on top of the on-line booking discount.

We were faced with the same dilemma and after a lot of searching I found Sutton Suites & Extended Stay, 3423 S 160th ST , SeaTac, WA, United States. 206-431-6884

They have a package that includes picking you up at the airport, staying in their hotel, taking you to the pier before your cruise, and then picking you up AFTER your cruise and taking you to the airport.

QUITE a nice little package. And breakfast too. We are a family of 4 and it's less then $200 a night for all of that. With all of the searching I did, it was the best I could find bundled like that. I especially like that it is the same people in charge of all the pick-up and drop-offs.

Your sail date is a little further out, so you might have to call. Also, check out the Port of Seattle website. They have a special link to a page that looks for deals just like this.

Hope that helps!

Seatac Airport is a good 30 minutes from downtown Seattle so you won't find a hotel that provides a shuttle. If they do, you'll pay for it in the price of the room.

Stila car service has the airport contract so they have vehicles stationed in the garage at all times. A towncar is $45 to downtown. A cab will run about $35, maybe higher with 4 adults.

Which pier are you sailing from? If it's pier 66, a taxi from anywhere in downtown Seattle won't cost you more than $15, so concentrate on finding a hotel that meets your needs and budget, and just call a cab when you're ready to go. $15 isn't worth worrying about as you do a hotel search.

BTW, this thread will probably be moved. It belongs in the West Coast Departures forum. You might want to look over the first few pages of that forum to read the hotel threads.

p.s. if you don't have mobility issues and can easily manage your bags, the cheapest way to get downtown from the airport is via Light Rail. $3pp for the 40 minute ride to Westlake Center. HOWEVER, it's a 8-9 minute walk to the Seatac station, then depending on where you stay, it will be another walk. Unless you stay at the Mayflower which is right next door to Westlake.

Edited by mapleleaves
p.s.

Seatac Airport is a good 30 minutes from downtown Seattle so you won't find a hotel that provides a shuttle. If they do, you'll pay for it in the price of the room.

Stila car service has the airport contract so they have vehicles stationed in the garage at all times. A towncar is $45 to downtown. A cab will run about $35, maybe higher with 4 adults.

Which pier are you sailing from? If it's pier 66, a taxi from anywhere in downtown Seattle won't cost you more than $15, so concentrate on finding a hotel that meets your needs and budget, and just call a cab when you're ready to go. $15 isn't worth worrying about as you do a hotel search.

BTW, this thread will probably be moved. It belongs in the West Coast Departures forum. You might want to look over the first few pages of that forum to read the hotel threads.

p.s. if you don't have mobility issues and can easily manage your bags, the cheapest way to get downtown from the airport is via Light Rail. $3pp for the 40 minute ride to Westlake Center. HOWEVER, it's a 8-9 minute walk to the Seatac station, then depending on where you stay, it will be another walk. Unless you stay at the Mayflower which is right next door to Westlake.

Yes it has been moved to the Western Destinations forum.

If you look at a map of Washington State, you'll see that SeaTac is a bit of a distance from Seattle. And from the ports. In reality, hotels anywhere will have a limited area that they will run shuttles to, if they have shuttles. Certainly not between the airport and the port. As someone said, if an airport hotel is offering transportation, you will be paying for it. And it will be on their time schedule. Probably better is to grab a shuttle or taxi, get up to Seattle and stay there for at least a night before your cruise. See if a hotel that offers a shuttle to the port is within your price range or book a hotel and book transportation to the port.

Hello to all,

So I'm a planner folks.

Got a binder & all.

Any ideas folks.

Thanks in advance

Dawn aka stewartgirl721

Sorry I can't help with Seattle, but I always check these posts to see if a port I can.

I really replied since I do a binder as well!!! With dividers and all my information and coupons! I call all places I will stay and get all the free info I can! I have done this for many road trips as well. We better stock up on real supplies as they are harder and harder to find! (binders, dividers, etc!) I cannot even find the paper children learn to write on in many stores that had it just a few years ago. (including Walmart!)