PVP won't return any calls or emails??

249A

today there is a price drop. I called pvp over 3 hours ago...sent an email, no return responses. This happened before also with same pvp when I had a question.

Do I fill out the price drop form myself then?

Can I drop her?

This is my first PVP .. was so much easier when I just called Carnival.

Find a new PVP in the future or start using the 1-800 number. Although Carnival PVPs don't make a commission, they must meet a quota. She got your booking to count towards the required amount she needs and is no longer interested in helping you. Sad, but true. I'm sure if you're ready to book another one, she will be available until you need further assistance.

Thanks all.. I did as you suggested. I called 1 800 carnival (like I did before I had a pvp) and the price drop was handled pleasantly.

I don't think I need a pvp.. thanks again..

I also wanted to mention something else about my pvp who never returned my email and calls. She has an email, carnival # with her extension, plus her private cell phone #..which I called all. BUT what is not right imo is her voice message says "If you are ready to book a new cruise, please call..and she gives out her private cell #" doesn't this seem a little tacky? Sounds like she just wants the new bookings... and forget about the already booked.

My comment is simply based on what the OP posted. None of us are machines and we all take days off or vacation days or sick days. Perhaps the OP's PVP is likely on some sort of day off??

The simplest explanation is sometimes the accurate one. PVPs, much like the rest of us, have lives to live and don't work 24/7/365.

Edited by stobe1

Where can I check for price drops? I booked a cruise date in Dec, so I am unsure as to when prices for cruises in December will start dropping.

Just go on Carnival and do a mock booking for the same cruise you're going on and for the same class of cabin. If the fare is less than what you paid take a screen shot and submit the ES form or call Carnival to make the adjustment.

I personally no longer submit the form myself as the two times I did it previously Carnival's computers totally screwed up my booking. My PVP now handles it painlessly.

As much as I hate to say it, I had the same problem. In fact, I was looking for a PVP, called and requested one. Carnival acted like they didn't know what a PVP was. John Heald actually read my request and got involved and someone finally called me, but that was the last I heard from the person. I decided to do everything myself going forward. I call and check once a week, or every other week to see if there have been price drops (had two price drops), my husband and I have medical issues, and I called and spoke with customer service, which handled everything for me. I get tired of waiting on people to call me back or return emails, I handle everything myself and know that it will get done!

today there is a price drop. I called pvp over 3 hours ago...sent an email, no return responses. This happened before also with same pvp when I had a question.

Do I fill out the price drop form myself then?

Can I drop her?

This is my first PVP .. was so much easier when I just called Carnival.

I have used my PVP for 4 yrs or so and she does a pretty good job. I have her cell phone number even.

When I see a price-drop, the first thing I do before anything is do a screen shot and save it. Then I call my PVP and if she is not answering if it is late at night, then I call Carnival's 800 # while I'm filling out the price protection form. If someone gets on the line and we come to an agreement as to what I'm due, then I do not submit the form.

I'm pretty sure that if you are not before final payment date, then a phone call is the only thing you need to do.

I think having a PVP is great b/c they can go to bat for you. That has been my experience, at least. PVPs are trying to sell more cruises and I try not to bother her with stuff that I can do.

OP, sorry you had troubles with your PVP. There are plenty of good ones out there if you are not happy with yours.

I had a cruise coming up, and my PVP wouldn't return my calls or emails. It was to book another cruise.

I called another PVP, and booked other cruise with them instead. I then emailed my PVP from my mother's email address stating that I wanted to book a cruise. She called in less than 5 minutes. I told her who I was, and I had been calling for days not about my booking with her but to book another cruise and wouldn't return my calls, and that she was too late because I booked my cruise with another PVP.

Edited by CarnivalCruising

I am the original poster ... posted July 7th pvp never returned calls.

It is now July 10th.. still have not heard from her.. I sent email, and message on two cell phone numbers.. I think she just wants new bookings.

I resolved the price drop situation myself.

I won't deal with her again. Guess I got a bad one. Oh well.

I have always had a good experience dealing with the regular customer service people at the 800 #.

I check fare viewer every day, and when there is a price drop, I call. They have always been very helpful, and have processed the change right then and there for me, then sent me an email with an updated statement.

I have done the same as you in the past calling 1 800 no. never a problem.

I blame myself... sometimes sticking to what always works is best..

I'm a platinum member too so have done this many times... why I changed .. dunno.

live and learn.

Some guy called me one day and declared himself my PVP. I did not say much at the time - was not ready to book a cruise just then. He kept calling and started insisting I book a cruise, so after the fourth call, I told him in no uncertain terms that he was now my fired PVP. Never wanted to deal with someone specific. I prefer to call Carnival directly and speak to whoever answers the phone. They are always pleasant and have always done the best for me.