Fascination Riviera

bohica81

Haven't been on the Fascination but have been on the Riviera deck of four of her sisters.

Only time we heard anything was at embark and debark. We booked midship. Our cabin faced the porters loading the ship.

I had Riviera deck on the fantasy mid ship. didn't feel any movement at all and didn't hear much noise. plus getting back on from port was great. trying to get an elevator can be kind of a pain...this was up a few stairs...easy. but now I like the movement so I book way forward or aft now

We were in cabin R1 on the Ecstasy in December 2012. It was a loud room because if course we were right by the anchor and the bow thrusters.

Every time we pulled into port that is all that you would hear. It made for some very early wake-up calls

I had R11 which is a porthole. The noise from the bow hitting the water was enough for me to avoid Riviera forward on future cruises.

I stayed in cabin R12, also a porthole, on Sensation (same class as Fascination). I actually kind of enjoyed the sound of the waves hitting the hull. Combined with the rocking motion, it was very soothing. With that said, the sound of bow thrusters was very jarring, enough for the whole cabin to vibrate. But since it happened only on port days, when I had to wake up early anyway, I was fine with that.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

We just put a courtesy hold on Oceanview Cabin R221 for Fantasy. We have never sailed from Charleston and normally choose the higher decks, but the price is just too good to ignore. Has anyone had any noise issues from the engine when staying in the more aft cabins?

Our 16 year-old grandson will be joining us. What about the size of the room? Do they normally have Pullmans or trundles in these rooms?

Thanks for any information.

I'll pick the Riviera ANY DAY before I pick the Empress. Less motion, quieter, and CHEAPER! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the comments.

We are trying to decide if we will book the Fantasy courtesy hold or go on one of the larger ships out of Port Canaveral. Right now I have a courtesy hold on Freedom of the Seas for a corner aft balcony, but the cost would be almost $800 more than the Fantasy Oceanview. However, larger room and a bigger ship for my grandson to explore!

I think I'll have to sleep on this before I make a decision.