'Guaranteed' cabin - Pacific Dawn

Hi

Got a last-minute cruise deal and have a 'guaranteed' cabin - to be assigned at a later date. It was an inside cabin.

Looking now at the P&O website, they aren't even showing the cruise anymore, so I'm assuming that means that it is all booked and I will receive my cabin allocation shortly.

So two questions. Is my assumption correct ... will I get a cabin shortly?And what is the likelihood that I will be given a cabin in a higher category than what I booked? That is, do people who book 'guaranteed' cabins have a greater chance of been bumped up a category, compared to those people who booked an actual room?

I suspect I know the answer to both, but just wanted to see what others experiences where with this sort of thing.

Cheers,

Tania

Hi

Got a last-minute cruise deal and have a 'guaranteed' cabin - to be assigned at a later date. It was an inside cabin.

Looking now at the P&O website, they aren't even showing the cruise anymore, so I'm assuming that means that it is all booked and I will receive my cabin allocation shortly.

So two questions. Is my assumption correct ... will I get a cabin shortly?And what is the likelihood that I will be given a cabin in a higher category than what I booked? That is, do people who book 'guaranteed' cabins have a greater chance of been bumped up a category, compared to those people who booked an actual room?

I suspect I know the answer to both, but just wanted to see what others experiences where with this sort of thing.

Cheers,

Tania

when you book a guarantee you are at the mercy of the cruise line and you can finish up anywhere, you could find out your cabin normally in the last week but we have had our cabin number when we checked in and if thats the case check with the luggage porters before handing our your bags and they will tell you and you can write your number down and the luggage will get to your cabin

• 2 weeks later...

Yes - got our cabin allocated late last week. It was a guaranteed P category cabin (inside on deck 5), and got a L category cabin (inside on deck 9). I'm happy with this ... not too far from The Oasis and our kid-free holiday!!

Tania

Got home this morning, what a great cruise. Wonderful weather, very smooth seas so much so that at times you had to look out the window to make sure we were moving, lots and lots of whales to admire, and also a navy ship sailing back and forth across our stern one morning.

Val