Parking at Pier 91-anyone having problems reserving on Web site?

mrsbrown17

Hi,

We're leaving from Pier 91 in Seattle on August 2nd. I've been trying to reserve parking for our car on cruiseseattle.com for a week now...I keep getting an error message. Anyone having same problem? :(

Only way to contact them is email and no one answered my inquiry either...I don't see any other way to book this. There are 3 ships in port that day, wonder if the lot is already fully reserved??

There are 2 parking sites at Pier 91, Smith Cove.

The Port of Seattle parking site:

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Explore-Terminals/Smith-Cove-at-Pier-91/Pages/default.aspx

Or a private site: http://smithcovetravel.com/

Thanks. The first link is the one I tried. It redirects you to Republic parking's web site and that's the one not working for me. I parked there last year and booked on line with no problems.

I wasn't aware there was another one.

Thanks,

I didn't have any trouble with the Republic site; I only went as far as where you enter your name, etc. Can you get that far?

Yes, works fine until I hit submit payment. Tried 2 different credit cards too and I know there are no issues with my cards.

It says "there was a problem processing your payment. Please try again"

Just spoke to my credit card company. Republic parking processed the fee all 5 times I tried and immediately credited it, seconds later. They sent a message saying address did not match. Rep told me some sites will decline for things like typing "street" instead of st.

My address was typed exactly as my bank has it on file....I give up!

Also, try a park/stay in the area. When we were doing a 14 day out of Vancouver the parking was out of site! We found a hotel that we stayed the night before/parked and had a shuttle to and back from the port for about half the cost of parking for the 14 days. SO happy we did that since we were going to stay the night before anyway!

thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I just spoke to Republic Parking and they changed their computer system since last year and it has a few glitches. Right now, it's not working for my Canadian address.

Just booked with Smith Cove Travel. $140 for a week compared to $177 with Republic Parking. Includes shuttle. And web site is easy to use and didn't mind business from Canada :D

I think it'll work out good for you. We've parked there for the last 3 or 4 years. The only problem I have is driving in Seattle, I hate it. If i was coming down from the North and not staying in town I'd get off I-5 around North 45th and go West until I came to 15th AVE NW then go South until I came to West Armory Way, turn right onto Armory way and go down about 2 blocks and then turn left, the road ends there. Mercer is such a mess, I don't think they"ll ever get it fixed.