Carnival DJ vs Social Host

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I am having a hard time finding this information. I even asked the wedding coordinator, but her email response was not what I was looking for, meaning it didn't really answer it.

1.) My price list says both the DJ and the Social Host cost the same amount. Is there a need to have both or just one?

2.) I want to book the DJ for the reception, so that it will be in the disco, but will he also play our chosen songs at the ceremony as well, or do I need to have someone do that for us? Perhaps that is why the social host is needed for the reception?

3.) We are pretty much providing all of our own music so I from my understanding it has to all be on a CD. Should I create one CD for the ceremony and one for the reception?

Thanks in advance for all of the help, this community is amazing! If anyone has questions I could answer, I'm more than happy to do that. I am just starting the planning but it's all booked and I'm sending out our Save The Dates tomorrow:)

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I am having a hard time finding this information. I even asked the wedding coordinator, but her email response was not what I was looking for, meaning it didn't really answer it.

1.) My price list says both the DJ and the Social Host cost the same amount. Is there a need to have both or just one?

2.) I want to book the DJ for the reception, so that it will be in the disco, but will he also play our chosen songs at the ceremony as well, or do I need to have someone do that for us? Perhaps that is why the social host is needed for the reception?

3.) We are pretty much providing all of our own music so I from my understanding it has to all be on a CD. Should I create one CD for the ceremony and one for the reception?

Thanks in advance for all of the help, this community is amazing! If anyone has questions I could answer, I'm more than happy to do that. I am just starting the planning but it's all booked and I'm sending out our Save The Dates tomorrow:)

We are going with the social host only, but we are an older couple and most of our guests are older and we aren't really having any dancing aside from our first dance and then if anybody wants to dance there will be music. Since most of our guests are driving 5 or 6 hours and are not cruising, we are only having the 1 hour reception, so they can head home a little earlier. Anyway, we are also providing all of our own music. We have made 2 CD's one for the wedding and one for the reception. On the reception CD we have song number 1 being the bridal party entrance and song number 2 being our first dance. We don't really have any other special dances but have mostly soft music playing, mostly as background music, although if anybody wants to dance they will be welcome to. It is my understanding that the social host will play the music and do the announcement so we have no need for a DJ.

Sorry I was so long winded, but I wanted to make myself clear.