Beach Day Pass for Nassau

AmandaKaye79

What is the best place to get an all inclusive beach day pass for Nassau? We will be there next week. I've seen people suggest Melia or Hilton. Where do I go to book these in advance? Other suggestions?

We did day passes at Melia when it was the Sheraton. You just show up and pay at the front desk. I've read on here that it's still the same procedure even though they changed hands. We liked the beach there and bought lunch at the outdoor restaurant by the pool. Very nice relaxing day for us. :D

I think Breezes also sells a day pass but they are all inclusive so more $$. Also they're adults only...don't know if that matters to you.

Resort for a day now sells passes to Atlantis by getting you a room at Comfort Suites across the street but they're very pricey. I guess it's worth it if you really want to go to Atlantis.

Melia and British Colonial Hilton are not all-inclusive, but BCH's price includes a $40 voucher for food or drinks.

The all-inclusives are Sandals (adults only), Breezes (age 14 and up) and RIU. RIU is $100 if you buy the pass at the hotel front desk or $75 if you book in advance through Island Marketing. Breezes is $65.

Edited by CruisinCrow

So I guess an advantage to doing BCH is that it is within walking distance. They all seem to be around the same $60 (BCH) $65 (Breezes), $75 (RIU), $110 (Sandals). However, BCH is the only one of those choices that isn't all inclusive. We prefer just a relaxing day at the beach. We don't need a lot of food or drinks maybe just a few. I'd like to know which one most of you recommend or suggest?

So I guess an advantage to doing BCH is that it is within walking distance. They all seem to be around the same $60 (BCH) $65 (Breezes), $75 (RIU), $110 (Sandals). However, BCH is the only one of those choices that isn't all inclusive. We prefer just a relaxing day at the beach. We don't need a lot of food or drinks maybe just a few. I'd like to know which one most of you recommend or suggest?

If you are looking for "value" try the Melia - $30pp I'm told. We were there last Oct as the Sheratan and it was very nice (did their silver pass which included lunch for $40). I posted looking for an update with the new ownership. Transport by jitney (bus) at under $2 is very easy.

If you are looking for "value" try the Melia - $30pp I'm told. We were there last Oct as the Sheratan and it was very nice (did their silver pass which included lunch for $40). I posted looking for an update with the new ownership. Transport by jitney (bus) at under $2 is very easy.

The Wyndam is right next to Melia and last time I read on the main Board they had access to Melia pools and only costs $20pp

So $40 total per person with lunch? not bad at all!

Ok. $30 at the Melia with no food, or $60 at the BCH with $40 worth of food. Seems like an easy choice. I would think you would spend $30 for Melia and then at least $20-$30 for lunch/drinks while you are there. Plus the cost of getting there by bus or taxi. So wouldn't BCH be the best choice? Which one has the nicest beach area? I don't care as much about the price as the location and beach.

Just got a reply back from Melia about their rates:

Day passes are $30 and includes nothing but beach access no food.

They also have a day pass that includes poolside lunch $50

They also have a day pass that includes buffet lunch $75

They also have an all inclusive day pass that includes everything for $115.

All of these passes can be booked at the front desk on your day of arrival.

If I was going to choose an all inclusive, I would go with Breezes, Sandals, or RUI since the price for the Melia all inclusive is way more.

Anyone know which place has the best beach?

It really depends on what you are looking for. We've done Sandals, RIU, Sheraton and Breezes (Breezes just this past weekend). They all have nice beaches.

RIU is on Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island, which is gorgeous. However, it can be too rough for swimming depending on the day. But if you want the prettiest water and a long stretch for walking, it's fantastic.

Sandals, Breezes and Sheraton are on Cable Beach. The Sandals beach is kind of small but you can also take a ferry over to their private island. Nice and peaceful, calm water and even some decent snorkeling. Sandals is more pricey but has a more romantic feel, lots of food options and great drinks.

Sheraton has 3 pools, a calm beach and lots of watersports (paddleboards, kayaks, water trike, floats).

Breezes is a more active property. They had games and things going on the whole day. We enjoyed using the sailboat. The beach was pretty but not a lot of shade there. We didn't have any trouble finding an umbrella by the pool though. Strong drinks, beach grill or indoor lunch buffet.

We really liked them all and would do any of them again.

So can you tell me a little more about Breezes, how far is it from the cruise dock (any travel costs), how do you get the day pass and does that give you full access to the resort. I have a 16 old, two 19 old girls my mother in her late 50's and myself which is 40, would this be a good place to hang out for the day?

It really depends on what you are looking for. We've done Sandals, RIU, Sheraton and Breezes (Breezes just this past weekend). They all have nice beaches.

RIU is on Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island, which is gorgeous. However, it can be too rough for swimming depending on the day. But if you want the prettiest water and a long stretch for walking, it's fantastic.

Sandals, Breezes and Sheraton are on Cable Beach. The Sandals beach is kind of small but you can also take a ferry over to their private island. Nice and peaceful, calm water and even some decent snorkeling. Sandals is more pricey but has a more romantic feel, lots of food options and great drinks.

Sheraton has 3 pools, a calm beach and lots of watersports (paddleboards, kayaks, water trike, floats).

Breezes is a more active property. They had games and things going on the whole day. We enjoyed using the sailboat. The beach was pretty but not a lot of shade there. We didn't have any trouble finding an umbrella by the pool though. Strong drinks, beach grill or indoor lunch buffet.

We really liked them all and would do any of them again.

Know anything about the British colonial Hilton? How does the beach there compare with the others?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, that's one place we haven't done a day pass. :) I like to get a little farther away from the ship and away from the harbor, which is why we haven't gone there yet. From what I've read, it has a small beach and it's a quiet property, more geared towards business travelers. A lot of people seem to like it.

So can you tell me a little more about Breezes, how far is it from the cruise dock (any travel costs), how do you get the day pass and does that give you full access to the resort. I have a 16 old, two 19 old girls my mother in her late 50's and myself which is 40, would this be a good place to hang out for the day?

Breezes is about 4 miles from the port. We took the #10 bus, which costs $1.25 a person. You could also take a taxi, I'm not sure of the cost. We just went to the front desk to buy the day pass. It included food, drinks, pool, beach, watersports and towels. They have a rock climbing wall (we didn't see anyone using it) and a trapeze (we did see one person using that). They won't let you use the trapeze if you've had any drinks. They also had a spa and it seemed like I could have made an appointment even though I was just there for the day. The spa is an extra cost, of course, but the prices were a lot more reasonable than on the ship! The pool was a bit on the murky side but there were plenty of lounge chairs.

Here's a picture of the pool area. You can kind of see the trapeze off to the left.

ry%3D480

Thanks for the information, it looks nice. I want to make sure the girls have enough to do, they get bored laying in the sun after awhile. Were the food and drinks unlimited?

Breezes is about 4 miles from the port. We took the #10 bus, which costs $1.25 a person. You could also take a taxi, I'm not sure of the cost. We just went to the front desk to buy the day pass. It included food, drinks, pool, beach, watersports and towels. They have a rock climbing wall (we didn't see anyone using it) and a trapeze (we did see one person using that). They won't let you use the trapeze if you've had any drinks. They also had a spa and it seemed like I could have made an appointment even though I was just there for the day. The spa is an extra cost, of course, but the prices were a lot more reasonable than on the ship! The pool was a bit on the murky side but there were plenty of lounge chairs.

Here's a picture of the pool area. You can kind of see the trapeze off to the left.

ry%3D480

Thanks for the information, it looks nice. I want to make sure the girls have enough to do, they get bored laying in the sun after awhile. Were the food and drinks unlimited?

I'd say Breezes and Sheraton have the most to do but they are all basically beach days. Yes, food and drinks are unlimited at Breezes.

All drinks? Or just certain ones? Top shelf?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't see Grey Goose but they had Barcardi. That's as high as my shelf needs to be. :) The pool bar could do cocktails or frozen drinks. There was another bar off the lobby that might have had fancier stuff but we stayed outside.

Sandals probably has the higher shelf drinks but the ones at Breezes were plenty strong. RIU has a small swim up bar and a bar in the lobby. They had good mojitos and mudslides.

• 2 weeks later...
Breezes - accept cash or credit card? I know we went to one of the places in Nassau before (I think it was BCH) that would only accept credit cards, and I would prefer to just pay cash.

We paid by credit card. I didn't ask about cash so I'm not sure if they accept it or not. You could probably email them and ask.

I posted more pictures of Breezes in my Majesty of the Seas review, if you're interested (the link is in my signature).